What is PCAcceleratePro & Instant support?
PCAcceleratePro & Instant support by Installer Technology is a bundled package of two potentially malicious programs named PCAcceleratePro and Instant Support. Both standalone programs are detected as malware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and adware by reputable Antivirus and Antimalware programs.
Once PCAcceleratePro & Instant support is installed it will display an Instant Support tab on Windows desktop and every program you open on your computer. If you open your internet browser an Instant Support pop-up will be shown. If you open your word processor the same pop-up will appear in the menu of the program.
The Instant Support pop-up will promote various tech-support phone numbers and an update of issues the program claims to find. The compact version of the program that is shown on open windows and program interfaces only contains text that says “Instant Support” and an icon of a man with a wrench.
The PCAcceleratePro & Instant support program will also launch the standalone PC Accelerate Pro program once it has been installed. The program can cause your computer to become slow and sluggish.
When the program is launched it will begin to scan your computer for potential threats and issues in order to “optimize and clean your computer to improve performance.” The scan will always return a large amount of issues that are “slowing down your computer.”
Once the PCAcceleratePro scan is complete it will attempt to persuade users to activate a license by purchasing the full version of PCAcceleratePro. It will also try to get users to call their customer tech support line at 1-877-969-3211 (or other number).
Uninstall PCAcceleratePro & Instant support
- Right-click Windows start menu and select Programs and Features or open the start menu and go to the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find PCAcceleratePro & Instant support in the list of installed programs and double-click it to begin the uninstall process.
Remove PCAcceleratePro & Instant support with Malwarebytes
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Remove PCAcceleratePro & Instant support with HitmanPro
- Open your browser window and download HitmanPro.
- Open the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe or hitmanpro_x32.exe) to begin installing HitmanPro.
- Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
- On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
- Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
- Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
Clean up and fix issues with CCleaner
- Open your browser window and download CCleaner Professional or CCleaner Free.
- Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
- Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
- Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
- Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
- When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
- Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
- When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
- Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
- Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.