PC SpeedCare by PCSpeedcare is a rogue program that is promoted as a popular security and registry cleaning program for Windows Operating Systems. Once PC SpeedCare is installed it will begin to scan your computer for specific items such as ActiveC and Com controls, shared libraries, file extensions and fonts, help files, application mapping, uninstall entries, visual effects, and more.
When the scan is complete the program will say that a numerical amount of issues have been detected. The program’s interface will display a message that says “PC SpeedCare has completed a full scan of your PC. To repair issues, simply click ‘Continue’ button bellow.” If you click the Continue button the program will show you another screen to review detected issues. Another button that says “Fix detected issues” will also be displayed.
If you click the ‘fix detected issues’ button a pop-up message that says “Register Now. PC SpeedCare has optimized your PC’s Internet Speed and repaired  issues in File Extensions and Font entries. To repair all remaining  issues and unlock the fill features, you will need to register the product.
A ‘register’ button will be shown on the pop-up message. If you click the button your default browser will be directed to a safecart.com website that asks for your Name, Email, Country, and Zip code. Once you supply this information you will be directed to a new page where you can purchase a subscription to the PC SpeedCare program.
Detected as malicious
According to Google’s VirusTotal.com website, the executable file for PC SpeedCare named PC SpeedCare-Setup.exe is detected as malicious. The detection for the program is “a variant of Win32/VanilLoader.A potentially unwanted.”
Google Chrome and other browsers will also restrict you from downloading the executable file used to install the program. Google Chrome will state that the file is malicious and can harm your computer. It will usually require you to manually accept the file.
Another issue we found is that websites who promote the program publish deceptive and dishonest information in order to trick you into downloading the program. These websites also do not mention that you must purcahse a subscription to the the program to use it.
Removal steps for PC SpeedCare
Follow the PC SpeedCare removal steps on this page to remove PC SpeedCare, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer using Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, and CCleaner.
1. Uninstall the program
1. Open Windows Start Menu by right clicking the bottom left of the task bar. *In Windows 7 and before, go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
2. Select Programs and Features.
3. Find PC SpeedCare in the list of installed programs, select it with your mouse, and click the Uninstall button to begin the removal process.
2. Remove malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
2. Launch the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
3. Check your computer for malicious trace files with HitmanPro
2. Launch the executable file (hitmanpro_x64.exe, hitmanpro_x32.exe, or other) to begin installing HitmanPro.
3. Click the Next button, check “I accept the terms of the license agreement,” and click the Next button again.
4. On the Setup page select “Yes, create a copy of HitmanPro so I can regularly scan this computer (recommended)” and add your email address to the registration fields to begin the free trial.
5. Click Next to begin scanning your computer.
6. Once the Scan results are displayed click the Next button and click the Next button again on the Removal results page.
4. Clean up and fix system issues with CCleaner
2. Open the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.