How to remove 360 Safe (Virus Removal Guide)
360 Safe virus
The 360 Safe virus (also found as 360safe virus, 360safe.com virus, 360 Safe – Antivirus,Clean by Qihu 360 Software Co., LTD(QIHU)) is a term used to identify a controversial and potentially malicious security program compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iPhone. The program is detected as malware and a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) by many reputable security programs. The executable file used to install 360 Safe (360safe.exe) has a very high detection ratio and will be detected by most Antivirus programs as a Worm or Trojan.
360 Safe has a bad reputation. It is known to contain misleading scan results, utilize unethical marketing practices, violate user privacy, and cause system issues. Some complain that the program is responsible for the loss of computer functionality and performance and system crashes.
360 Safe might perform misleading scans that conclude with fraudulent results in order to scare victims into believing that their computers are in more harm than they are. This tactic is often referred to as FUD. It is designed to trick the user into purchasing the program or subscribing annually. Other issues with the program are listed below:
- 360 Safe may cause pop-up advertisements similar to PassShow adware.
- 360Safe may change internet browser settings; including the homepage and default search engine. In turn, this causes browser redirects and start-ups to unwanted websites.
- In some cases, 360Safe can not be manually installed unless the user chooses to install 360Safe Browser. Many have complained of this tactic and compared it to most malware developers.
- 360 Security and other 360safe.com software raise many privacy concerns. The program may collect manually submitted information such as a users purchase information or data such as names and email addresses. This information may be submitted to third-party marketing and mailing lists, as well as used by 360safe.com to send messages to users. In most cases, users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail at home, and even telephone calls from telemarketers.
- 360 Safe has been reported to collect much more information, including complete user browsing and computing activities while the program(s) is installed.
- 360safe.com is notorious for manipulating and fabricating 360 Safe reviews and reviews of their products across many online networks.
- 360 Safe software can be manually and voluntarily downloaded and installed by a user; However, many users have claimed that the program installed without consent. If this is the case, 360safe.com software such as 360 Security or 360 Vault may have bundled with online freeware and shareware. In some cases a user is given the choice to opt out of installing bundled software; although the choice to accept or decline is often presented in a confusing manner.
How to remove 360 Safe
The 360 Safe removal steps on this page will help you remove 360 Safe virus and other threats from your computer that can install alongside the 360 Safe program including additional malware, viruses, adware, rogue programs, and spyware.
STEP 1: Scan your computer for malware with Malwarebytes
2. Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
STEP 2: Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Double click the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.