How to remove Quick Driver Updater (Virus Removal Guide)
Quick Driver Updater
Quick Driver Updater is a potentially unwanted program that may cause problems on your computer. This page provides instructions to remove Quick Driver Updater and other threats from your computer including viruses and malware.
Table of Contents
What is Quick Driver Updater?
Quick Driver Updater by Digital Protection Services (also searched for as Quick Driver Updater virus) is recognized as a potentially unwanted program that masquerades as a free system utility tool for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and other operating systems that claims to update outdated drivers and provide other services. In reality, driver updates are typically automatic and free for Microsoft Windows users and there is no need to purchase a third-party program to perform such a task.
When the potentially unwanted program is installed it will create a task to run every time Windows starts and when Windows starts the program will automatically scan the computer. This can use a large number of system resources which can lead to problems with the integrity of the computer system.
The scan is known to provide false information that suggests multiple updates are needed; However, in order to update the computer, the user must first purchase a biannual subscription the product. Quick Driver Updater is not free to use as it may initially suggest.
In addition, the potentially unwanted program may display pop-up notification messages from the Windows taskbar.
How did Quick Driver Updater get on my computer?
The potentially unwanted program may trick users into installing it by utilizing unethical marketing practices and advertising networks to promote itself across numerous websites and during the installation process of free programs. Advertisements from the network may promote third-party threats including adware and spyware and promote fake programs in hopes that the download manager can inject the computer with malware.
In some cases, fake programs may claim to be something they are not in order to trick users into installing them and infecting their computers with malware. Fake programs may claim to be legitimate programs like a browser, update, or emulator, and give you the option to install third-party programs.
How to remove Quick Driver Updater
The Quick Driver Updater removal guide on this page will remove Quick Driver Updater, viruses, malware, and other threats from your computer. Although we mention that this program can be manually uninstalled following our instructions please be advised that uninstalling the program will not remove every file associated with it nor will it remove malware, adware, spyware, and other threats. We advise you to remove malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs using the instructions on this page once the program is uninstalled. The software recommended in this guide is tested and free to use although you may also purchase the full version of the product to obtain real-time protection. Real-time protection stops malware from infecting your device and allows you to safely browse the web.
Removal guide contents
STEP 1: Uninstall Quick Driver Updater
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click Quick Driver Updater and click the Uninstall button.
In other versions of Windows: Open the Start menu, go to the Control Panel, go to Uninstall a Program, select/highlight the program you want to uninstall, and click Uninstall.
STEP 2: Remove malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs
1. Download and install Malwarebytes from their website. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. When Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete depending on how many files are on your device.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
STEP 3: Remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
1. Download and install CCleaner Free or CCleaner Professional from their website. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. When CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab (this is usually the welcome screen).
3. Click the Start button to scan your computer for trackers and junk files.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.
In addition, CCleaner can be used to uninstall programs, disable programs from starting when your computer starts, disable browser plugins, and more. These features can be found in the Tools tab.