How to remove Outbyte PCRepair (Virus Removal Guide)
Outbyte PCRepair by Outbyte Computing is a name used to identify a specific potentially unwanted program (PUP) that promotes itself as a legitimate security program but shows signs of being potentially malicious, unethical, and/or misleading. Other names used to describe this program include Outbyte PC Repair and PC Repair. Due to factors indicating that Outbyte PCRepair submits suspicious behavior and may potentially be harmful many users have identified this program as a computer virus (Outbyte PCRepair virus, Outbyte PC Repair virus, Outbyte virus); However, this program is not technically recognized as a computer virus.
According to Google’s Virus Total website, Outbyte PCRepair is dominantly detected by Antivirus software as a potentially unwanted program by Malwarebytes (PUP.Optional.Outbyte), DrWeb (Program.Unwanted.), and ESET-NOD32 (A Variant Of Win/32Auslogics.AB…).
We have numerous assumptions after reviewing the product that may indicate why Outbyte PCRepair is detected by legitimate Antivirus programs as a potentially malicious program or referred to as malware or a virus:
- How the program is marketed – The publishers employ the use of aggressive and deceptive advertising methods designed to mislead computer users and persuade them to believe Outbyte PCRepairis needed to repair their computers. The program may also bundle with third-party malware, adware, Trojans, and other security threats en route to finding a computer.
- What the program does once installed – The program claims to scan the computer for system registry issues, malware, objectionable websites, and other categories it lists as “issues.” However, the program will detect harmless items as issues and present them as threats to the user. The program has access to third-party programs on the computer including Skype, Outlook, Office, and more and can observe and collect personally identifiable information (PII).
- How the publisher employs deceptive practices – The publisher employs deceptive strategies through and through. These are a few examples:
- The advertisements used to promote the program and delusive.
- The publishers avoid mentioning that the program is not free to use. The user must activate the program by purchasing a subscription and they may not be aware of this until they visit the publisher’s website and provide their personal information.
- The publishers collect user information when users seek to activate the program in which they are unaware of the cost prior to being taken to a shopping cart with the product in it. The website users visit may drop tracking files on the user’s computer. Users are also required to submit their full names, email addresses, and zip codes. Information such as your full name, email address, and location may be shared with and sold to third parties for marketing purposes and other unknown reasons.
- The program presents harmless items as issues.
As you can see, there are numerous concerns with this program which may help us understand why Outbyte PCRepair is detected as a potentially malicious program.
How to remove Outbyte PCRepair (Virus Removal Guide)
Complete the instructions to completely remove Outbyte PCRepair and other threats from your computer.
Uninstall unwanted programs
Manually uninstall Outbyte PCRepair and other potentially unwanted programs that may be on your computer. We advise you to uninstall questionable programs that may have been installed through Apps and Features.
1. Right-click the Start menu (Windows icon in the taskbar) and go to Apps and Features.
2. Find Outbyte PCRepair, click it, and then click the Uninstall button.
1. Open the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program button.
3. Locate the program you want to remove, click it, and click Uninstall.
Scan your computer for malware and viruses
Malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses may be present on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Malwarebytes to detect and remove known threats.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Tracking files allow bad guys to track you online and changes to the Windows registry can cause numerous problems. Clean up your computer’s registry, remove tracking files, and remove junk files from your computer with CCleaner by Piriform.
1. Download and install CCleaner. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, click the Take my PC Health Check button or go to Health Check > Next and follow the instructions to begin checking your PC’s health.
3. When the scan is complete, click Make it better button to remove trackers, remove junk files, disable startup apps, and more.
4. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues to check your computer for registry issues.
5. When the scan is complete, click Fix selected Issues, backup the registry, and click Fix Issue or Fix All Issues.