NotToTrack Proxy is known as malware that utilizes unethical distribution methods to sneak onto a computer and cause a significant disturbance.
Table of Contents
NotToTrack Proxy is detected as malware, adware, a trojan, and potentially unwanted application by a large number of security programs including BitDefender, Emsisoft, McAfee, Sophos, Symantec, Webroot, and more. NotToTrack Proxy is promoted as a proxy server or program compatible with Windows Operating System that sets up a proxy server for internet connection. Although NotToTrack Proxy may sound like an ordinary proxy server it is not, it is actually well-known malware named AnonymizerGadget in disguise, and once the malware has infected a computer it will begin to perform tasks that may invade a user’s privacy and negatively affect performance.
NotToTrack Proxy malware is known to display notifications on Windows desktop, display pop-up advertisements, modify browser settings, modify Windows settings, and observe and collect user browsing data, browsing habits, and browsing history.
If NotToTrack Proxy has been installed, we advise you to immediately remove it and other threats it may install alongside with using the free version, free trial, or full version of Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is the most effective security program in the world and will remove NotToTrack Proxy, other malware, adware, spyware, and other malicious files from your computer.
Alike most malware, NotToTrack Proxy utilizes unethical distribution methods to infect a computer usually alongside third party malware, adware, spyware, computer viruses, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). NotToTrack Proxy is capable of obtaining access to a machine through a backdoor via a piggyback ride from third party threats that introduce it without detection from Antivirus programs that do not have sustainable real-time protection or have been disabled by malware. Third-party threats typically get onto a computer and install NotToTrack Proxy by using deceptive and dishonest marketing tactics. For example, the malware may claim to be something it is not such as a necessary update to trick users into installing it.
In addition, free programs may utilize download managers that offer NotToTrack Proxy and other threats as Custom or Advanced installation options. In this case, it is important to stay alert and read the license agreements when installing free programs from the internet as they normally generate revenue from third-party downloads which may be considered aggressive.
The removal guide on this page is specially designed to remove NotToTrack Proxy, malware, viruses, and other threats from your computer. Although we mention that NotToTrack Proxy can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel please be aware that uninstalling the program will not completely remove it nor remove third party malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats that it may install with.
Removal guide contents
How to uninstall NotToTrack Proxy
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click NotToTrack Proxy (or AnonymizerGadget) and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware and viruses
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.