neva project is malware that sneaks onto a computer without user consent or knowledge and bundles with other malware, adware, spyware, and viruses.
Table of Contents
neva project (neva project version 1.90) is recognized as adware, malware, and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by numerous antivirus programs including ESET, AVG, McAfee, Microsoft, Symantec, Webroot, Sophos, and Malwarebytes. Users are most likely unaware that neva project has been installed until it has been located in the Control Panel or Apps and Features.
neva project is typically introduced to an infected computer by other unwanted programs and malware. The threat utilizes malicious advertising networks that bundle it with malware, adware, spyware, and other threats.
neva project uses stealth distribution methods in order to infect a target’s computer. It usually piggybacks on malware, potentially unwanted programs, and trojan downloaders that drop the software and install it in the background. Other programs that drop neva project onto an infected computer are generally the initial threat and these initial threats utilize numerous ways to get onto a computer. They can be downloaded from the developer’s website, bundle with other threats, and be promoted by advertisements served by malicious and/or aggressive advertising networks.
In addition, some free programs do not properly reveal that an unwanted program may be installed along with it and some installation procedures may offer you custom or advanced installation options. It is recommended to view advanced and custom installation options carefully to stop any unwanted programs from being installed. Also, make sure to pay attention to license agreements and installation procedures when installing anything off the internet.
neva project can be uninstalled from Apps and Features. However, manually uninstalling the program will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. To remove malware from an infected computer, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable security program such as Malwarebytes Premium or Malwarebytes Free. Follow the free removal guide on this page to remove the neva project PUP and use reputable antivirus software to remove malware from your computer.
Removal guide contents
How to uninstall neva project
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click neva project and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware and viruses
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.