How to remove MusixHub (Virus Removal Guide)
MusixHub (also searched for as MusixHub virus or Musix Hub) is a questionable publisher and name of several programs and browser extensions, including the MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub extensions for Google Chrome. MusixHub browser extensions are often promoted by potentially malicious advertising platforms on malicious websites and software bundlers and download managers associated with freeware and dubious files. This means that the MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub extensions might attach to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge and alongside third-party potentially unwanted programs, adware type programs, and malware.
Once MusixHub Start or Search By MusixHub has attached to your internet browser it will replace existing internet browser settings including the homepage, new tab, and default search engine. In turn, this causes affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to musixhub.searchalgo.com, search.yahoo.com and other websites when you search the web using the browser address bar or omnibox.
What is MusixHub?
Search By MusixHub is promoted as a free browser application that allows you to “enjoy the largest database for movie trailers, tv series and celebrity content all in one place.”
Aside from causing browser redirects to musixhub.searchalgo.com, search.yahoo.com, and other websites, the MusixHub extension and adware it may bundle with or be promoted with generate deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The ads are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
MusixHub is not technically defined as a computer virus but this application is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove MusixHub if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did MusixHub get on my computer?
MusixHub and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. MusixHub is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that MusixHub adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”MusixHub overview”]
- MusixHub bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- MusixHub is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- MusixHub injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- MusixHub makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
- The Search By MusixHub extension for Google Chrome can read and change your data on the websites you visit.
- The Search By MusixHub extension for Google Chrome can change your search settings to: musixhub.searchalgo.com.
- The MusixHub Start extension for Google Chrome can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
How to remove MusixHub virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove MusixHub virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove MusixHub
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove MusixHub virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “MusixHub” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing MusixHub we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove MusixHub.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove MusixHub
How to uninstall MusixHub
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for MusixHub or other unwanted programs in the list and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click MusixHub or whichever program you want to remove to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MusixHub in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MusixHub below.[/note]
How to remove MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the MusixHub Start and Search By MusixHub extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find MusixHub Start or Search By MusixHub extensions in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove MusixHub below.[/note]
MusixHub virus removal tips
- If you do not find MusixHub in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing MusixHub you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.