Lightning Media Player
Lightning Media Player is a potentially unwanted program that utilizes unethical marketing practices, bundles with malware and viruses, and causes other issues.
Table of Contents
Lightning Media Player is recognized as malware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) by numerous antivirus programs due to how it is marketed and what it can do once it is installed. In addition, computer users are usually unaware that Lightning Media Player has been installed until it has been located in the Control Panel or Apps and Features.
Lightning Media Player utilizes unethical marketing practices as a process of distribution. This can mean numerous things. For example, the Lightning Media Player PUP may be installed by malware, potentially unwanted programs, and trojan downloaders or be offered as a custom or advanced install by freeware. The program may also be downloaded from the publisher’s website and other points around the web.
Some free programs do not properly reveal that an unwanted program may be installed along with it and some installation procedures may offer you custom or advanced installation options. It is recommended to view advanced and custom installation options carefully to stop any unwanted programs from being installed. Also, make sure to pay attention to license agreements and installation procedures when installing anything off the internet.
Lightning Media Player can be uninstalled from Apps and Features. However, manually uninstalling the program will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. To remove malware from an infected computer, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable security program such as Malwarebytes Premium or Malwarebytes Free. Follow the free removal guide on this page to remove the Lightning Media Player PUP and use reputable antivirus software to remove malware from your computer.
Removal guide contents
How to uninstall Lightning Media Player
1. Right-click the start menu.
2. Go to Apps and Features.
3. Click Lightning Media Player and click Uninstall.
How to remove malware and viruses
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.