Kensaq.com virus is a browser hijacker infection, also known as a redirect virus, that forcibly takes control of affected web browsers including Google Chrome. The Kensaq.com virus is known to change the homepage, new tab page, and search provider. When this occurs, the affected browser(s) will start up on the website and redirect to the website when a search is carried out in the address bar or Omni box.
Unlike other browser hijackers and redirect viruses, Kensaq.com does not particularly employ the use of rogue and malicious browser extensions to gain control of web browsers. Instead, malware in the form of a Windows program (or other) and malicious advertisements may redirect users to the website.
To make matters worse, malware that causes the Kensaq.com redirect often bundle with other malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs that put personal information at risk and may affect the functionality of a computer system. A browser redirect to Kensaq.com and similar websites is typically a sign of a severely infected computer.
How to remove Kensaq.com (Virus Removal Guide)
- Use Malwarebytes to remove Kensaq.com
- Use HitmanPro to remove Kensaq.com
- Use CCleaner to automatically clean up and fix settings
- Check for rogue browser extensions
Use Malwarebytes to remove Kensaq.com
2. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Use HitmanPro to remove Kensaq.com
2. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
4. Reboot your computer.
Use CCleaner to automatically clean up and fix settings
2. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
3. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
4. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
5. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
6. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
7. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
8. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
10. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
11. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Check for rogue browser extensions
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the menu, go to More tools > Extensions.
3. Find the Kensaq.com extension and click the Remove button.