InterCom virus is a misused term sometimes used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. that bundles with other unwanted programs and malware. InterCom is usually automatically downloaded in the background without user knowledge. InterCom is not technically defined as a computer virus but it is still a serious privacy risk or sign of a serious malware problem. This specific piece of adware is primarily used to access a PC without user knowledge, collect user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with deceptive and intrusive ‘targeted’ advertisements. InterCom ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by InterCom are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
Targeted advertisements by InterCom are a privacy concern because in order to generate these type of advertisements the adware will need to access and modify user browsing data and settings. It can observe and collect data such as all your browsing activities, you bookmarks, and your browser history. It modifies browser settings including apps and bookmarks. If InterCom is installed it will likely remove legitimate and safe browser add-ons and extensions used to block advertisements such as AdBlock or Adblock Plus.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove InterCom if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”InterCom overview”]
- The InterCom extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The InterCom extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- InterCom bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- InterCom is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- InterCom injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- InterCom makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove InterCom (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove InterCom with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove InterCom
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove InterCom with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “InterCom” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing InterCom we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove InterCom.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove InterCom
How to uninstall InterCom
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for InterCom in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click InterCom to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find InterCom in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove InterCom below.[/note]
How to remove InterCom add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the InterCom extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the InterCom add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the InterCom extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find InterCom in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove InterCom below.[/note]
Tips to remove InterCom
- If you do not find InterCom in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing InterCom you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411