Ads by HQCinema are generated by potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in the adware category that often get contracted without direct user knowledge. Once downloaded and installed, internet users will notice ads by HQCinema while browsing the internet and on Microsoft Windows desktop if internet connectivity is available.
Potential HQCinema malware frequently installs alongside or bundles with additional third-party items that submit their own threats. Additional items that this unwanted program may bundle with include browser hijackers that take control of browser homepages, browser search engines, and ultimately cause browser redirects.
What makes matters worse is that programs, browser add-ons, and browser extensions associated with the HQCinema virus (although not technically a computer virus) will have permission to access user browsing data. This includes all activities, bookmarks, history, information submitted to websites while the programs are installed, and more. This inforamtion is then either shared with third-parties and/or used to serve specific user targeted advertisements it feels the user is susceptible to click on based off of their recorded habits. This could mean that if you recently purchased or searched for a ‘new couch’ from an online retailer, you will notice pop-up advertisements and email promotions trying to sell you ‘new furniture.’
HOW TO REMOVE HQCINEMA
This HQCinema removal guide provides 4 easy steps to remove the HQCinema virus to get rid of ads by HQCinema on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware.
STEP 1: SCAN YOUR COMPUTER FOR MALWARE
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
STEP 2: CLEAN UP AND REPAIR SETTINGS
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings that have been changed during this infection. It can also fix system startup up settings and help uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
STEP 3: UNINSTALL HQCINEMA
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled HQCinema. Once the adware is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program.
STEP 4: REMOVE HQCINEMA BROWSER ATTACHMENTS
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the HQCinema extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the HQCinema add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the HQCinema add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. If the button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.