How to remove the Weather7 ads extension
Weather7 ads is the name of an internet browser extension for Google Chrome that apparently shows you weather information through your browser toolbar and new tab page. However, use of the extension requires that you give up your privacy as the extension can do such things as read and change your bookmarks, detect your physical location, manage your apps, extensions, and themes, and read and change your browsing history.
With the makeup of the internet in today’s world, the Weather7 ads extension is a major privacy concern. It appears to be developed as a marketing tool and nothing more and the purpose of the extension is to observe and collect personal identifying information (PII) once it is installed.
Furthermore, the Weather7 ads extension is advertised by malicious advertising networks and on websites that may host malware. This is a concern because it could introduce your computing device to malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUP).
How to remove Weather7 ads
If privacy and security is a concern to you, I strongly urge you to uninstall the Weather7 ads extension right away and scan your computer for malware. Here’s how:
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (3 dot icon) and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the Remove button next to the Weather7 ads extension.
3. Next, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer for malware and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install Malwarebytes, double-click the executable file you just downloaded, or open the file from your browser window. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. When Malwarebytes is installed, launch the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard (or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button).
7. When the scan been completed, click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.