How to remove the Severe Weather Check extension from Chrome
Severe Weather Check is an internet browser extension for Google Chrome that promises to give access to trust weather website links. In return, the Severe Weather Check extension gets to replace the page you see when opening a new tab with their own search engine, read your browsing history, and read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
For simply providing you with links to weather information that you can otherwise easily find for free on the web, the Severe Weather Check extension can collect your sensitive browsing data and track your online activity. The information collected by the extension can then be sold to third parties or shared with third parties for unknown marketing purposes.
Furthermore, one of the biggest concerns with the Severe Weather Check extension is that it is typically advertised by malicious advertising networks and on websites that host malware or contain advertisements that bolster malware and deceptive programs. This is a very serious concern because it could mean that your computer was introduced to malware and other cybersecurity threats that should be removed immediately.
How to remove Severe Weather Check
The instructions below will help you remove the Severe Weather Check extension from Google Chrome and stop browser redirects to searchsecureprime.co and other websites.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (3 dot icon) and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Click the Remove button next to the Severe Weather Check extension.
3. Next, download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer for malware and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install Malwarebytes, double-click the executable file you just downloaded, or open the file from your browser window. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. When Malwarebytes is installed, launch the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard (or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button).
7. When the scan been completed, click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Downloads folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.