How to remove Search4Musix (Virus Removal Guide)
Search4Musix is recognized as a malicious browser extension compatible with Google Chrome and other web browsers. When the Search4Musix is installed it will modify existing internet browser settings including the startup page, new tab page, and search engine. In return, this causes affected web browsers to redirect to an interceptor website when a browser is launched, a new tab is opened, or a search is performed in the address bar. The website acts as an interceptor between search results to collect and track user browsing activities including searched terms.
The Search4Musix extension is considered to be a privacy risk because it intercepts web searches and collects and shares user data with unknown parties for unknown purposes. For example, the extension has permission to read browsing history, change search settings to blpsearch.com, read and change bookmarks, manage other apps, extensions, and themes, and read and change all user data on the websites they visit.
In addition, users may experience these symptoms when the Search4Musix extension is installed:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notifications
- Hijacked homepage
- Hijacked search provider
- Hijacked new tab page
- Constant browser redirects
- Suspicious browser extensions
- Suspicious programs on PC
- Slower browsing experience
- Slow and sluggish PC
How to remove Search4Musix
Like most browser extensions, the Search4Musix browser extension can be manually removed through browser settings. However, removing the browser extension through browser settings will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. In order to remove malware and other threats from an infected computer, we recommend scanning a computer with reputable security software that is known to detect and remove malware and other threats.
How to remove the Search4Musix extension
1. Open the menu and go to More tools > Extensions
2. Click the Remove button
1. Open the menu and go to Add-ons
2. Click the Remove button
How to remove malware
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.