How to remove s3redirect.com (Virus Removal Guide)
S3redirect.com (also searched for as s3redirect.com virus) is recognized as a potential browser hijacker that modifies existing internet browser settings without user consent and causes the default internet browser on the affected computer to redirect to s3redirect.com, search.yahoo.com, and other websites. Rogue browser extensions are primarily used to replace the affected browser’s homepage, default search provider, and new tab page. In return, the s3redirect.com hijacker can track internet users by installing tracking files and eavesdropping on internet searches.
Malwarebytes will detect and remove this threat! Click the button below to select the version of Malwarebytes you want to use to remove s3redirect.com, viruses, malware, and all other threats from your computer or device.
Threat Name: PUP.Optional.SearchHijack
When the associated browser extension is installed it will replace existing settings with s3redirect.com which will cause internet searches executed in the address bar to redirect to s3redirect.com and then to search.yahoo.com. Users may not easily detect that their browser originally redirected to s3redirect.com before arriving on a familiar Yahoo landing page and this is a tactic exploited by many suspicious parties. This tactic allows the party to intercept what the user searches for online and to fulfill other unidentified assignments.
The website is associated with countless amounts of browser extensions which makes it difficult to pinpoint a specific extension for everyone; However, if a browser extension you do not recognize is installed, we advise you to disable it and do some research to make sure it’s safe to use.
Some browser extensions like Flash SD APP and Direct Search  have permissions to perform tasks that user may find malicious and/or unwanted. These permissions allow the extensions to read and change data, read browsing history, and change search settings.
Here are a few reasons why an extension may be considered a threat:
- Advertised by malicious advertising networks.
- Advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, trojans, and viruses.
- Can be installed without user consent.
- Displays unwanted advertisements.
- Tampers with search settings and search results.
- Gathers user browsing data which may include sensitive information.
Follow these instructions to remove s3redirect.com and stop unwanted browser redirects to malicious websites.
Remove s3redirect.com extension
s3redirect.com is a browser extension that will attach to Google Chrome and other web browsers. Remove the extension through settings to ensure that your browser’s settings cannot be maliciously controlled.
1. Click Customize and control Google Chrome and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the s3redirect.com extension and click the Remove button.
3. Search and remove other suspicious browser extensions.
Scan your computer for malware and viruses (free)
Malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses may be present on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Malwarebytes to detect and remove known threats.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Cleanup and repair
Tracking files allow bad guys to track you online and changes to the Windows registry can cause numerous problems. Clean up your computer’s registry, remove tracking files, and remove junk files from your computer with CCleaner by Piriform.
1. Download and install CCleaner. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, click the Take my PC Health Check button or go to Health Check > Next and follow the instructions to begin checking your PC’s health.
3. When the scan is complete, click Make it better button to remove trackers, remove junk files, disable startup apps, and more.
4. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues to check your computer for registry issues.
5. When the scan is complete, click Fix selected Issues, backup the registry, and click Fix Issue or Fix All Issues.