PickMySearch is a browser extension that is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. PickMySearch is also known as Pick My Search. Once the browser extension is installed, it will change your homepage, new tab page, and default search engine to PickMySearch.com or another webpage. PickMySearch may also display advertisements on all websites that you visit. The advertisements could be in the form of pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, video ads, or full-page ads. Clicking on any of the advertisements could redirect you to a malicious website that contains viruses or malware. It is important to remove PickMySearch and all related programs from your computer as soon as possible. Our guide below will show you how to uninstall PickMySearch as well as viruses and malware.
PickMySearch may be a browser extension, but it doesn’t act like one. Most browser extensions only make cosmetic changes to your browsing experience. PickMySearch, on the other hand, can make fundamental changes to your browser settings without your permission. It can add new toolbar buttons, change your homepage and default search engine, and add new bookmarks. PickMySearch can even install other software on your computer without your knowledge. In short, PickMySearch is more than a nuisance – it’s a serious security risk. If you find PickMySearch on your computer, the best course of action is to remove it immediately. Here’s how:
To remove PickMySearch from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and click the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Hover over “More tools” and select “Extensions.”
- Find PickMySearch in the list of extensions and click the trash can icon next to it.
- In the pop-up window, click “Remove.”
- PickMySearch will now be removed from Chrome.
To remove PickMySearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the three lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Hover over “Add-ons” and select “Extensions.”
- Find PickMySearch in the list of extensions and click “Remove.”
- In the pop-up window, click “Remove.”
- PickMySearch will now be removed from Firefox.
To remove PickMySearch from Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Manage add-ons.”
- Under “Show,” select “All add-ons.”
- Find PickMySearch in the list of add-ons and click “Disable.”
- PickMySearch will now be removed from Internet Explorer.
If you’re ready to get rid of a program, uninstalling it from Microsoft Windows is a straightforward process. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu. You can do this by either clicking the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen or by pressing the ⊞ Win key on your keyboard.
- Type “add or remove programs” into the search bar and press Enter. This will open a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
- Scroll through the list and find the program you want to remove. Once you’ve found it, click on it once to select it, then click the Uninstall button at the top of the list.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking if you’re sure you want to uninstall the program. Click Yes to confirm and begin uninstalling the program. Depending on the program, you may be asked to restart your computer once uninstalling is complete.
- Once the program has been uninstalled, it will no longer appear in the list of installed programs. You can now close Add or Remove Programs and continue using your computer as normal.
Malwarebytes is a powerful tool for removing malware from your computer. However, it is important to note that Malwarebytes is not a replacement for a traditional antivirus program. Rather, it is designed to complement your existing security measures. If you suspect that your computer has been infected with malware, the first step is to run a full scan with your antivirus program. If the scan does not detect any malicious files, you can then run a scan with Malwarebytes. To do this, simply download and install the program, then launch it and click the “Scan” button. Malwarebytes will then scan your computer for any malicious files and attempt to remove them. In most cases, Malwarebytes will successfully remove the malware from your computer. However, if the malware is particularly sophisticated, it may be necessary to use additional tools to remove it. In any case, Malwarebytes is a valuable tool for keeping your computer safe from malware. Here are four steps to follow when using this software:
1. Download and install Malwarebytes on your computer.
2. Run a scan of your system to identify any malicious software.
3. Remove any malware that is found on your system.
4. Restart your computer and run another scan to ensure that all of the malware has been removed.
By following these steps, you can help to protect your computer from further damage and keep your personal information safe from thieves.