This page explains what the Nheqminer.exe Zcash miner and process is and contains a removal guide that will help you remove the Nheqminer.exe miner, malware, computer viruses, and other threats from your computer that may have bundled with the Nheqminer.exe CPU miner.
What is Nheqminer.exe?
Nheqminer.exe is recognized as a Trojan that utilizes a victim’s computer resources to mine for digital currency called Zcash. First, an auto run named explorer that launches the miner executable is created. Then a scheduled task that launches the miner is launched.
When mining for Zcash digital currency the miner will connect to the zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6666 pool. The miner will use a large amount of your CPU and this can damage your CPU or cause it to overheat.
The Nheqminer.exe Zcash Miner is essentially difficult to identify and locate once it has infected a machine. The most common ways to notice the Miner has infected a computer are to recognize the process running in Windows Task Manager. You will see a process named nheqminer.exe using 90%+ of the CPU running in task manager. The description for the process is the same as the name of the process. Additionally, you might also notice a scheduled task named Driver.
One of the biggest concerns with the Nheqminer.exe miner is that it is typically advertised by questionable advertising networks and on websites that also promote malware, adware, spyware, and other malicious threats. This means that if you found Nheqminer.exe running on your computer without your consent it is likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious programs that should be removed immediately.
How was Nheqminer.exe installed?
There are many ways that Nheqminer.exe and other miners can infect a system. They are often distributed in malicious email attachments, advertisements, and websites that host malware.
The Nheqminer.exe miner is known to use aggressive and unethical advertisements on various websites that are not allowed to show legitimate advertisements due to their prohibited content. Websites that contain streaming videos, torrents, pornography, and live streams often utilize malicious advertising networks in order to generate revenue.
It is also possible that the miner was installed by a third-party downloader or software bundler without user consent or knowledge. If you recently downloaded and installed freeware or free content online the program may have been installed in the background by a third-party program.
Remove Nheqminer.exe with Malwarebytes
It is recommend to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove the Nheqminer.exe trojan, malware, computer viruses, and other malicious files from your computer. Malwarebytes will remove Nheqminer.exe and other threats that are present on your machine for free.
2. Double click the executable file (mb3-setup.exe or other) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
3. In some versions of the installation file you can simply select your language and click Next to install the program; Otherwise, select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
4. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
5. Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
6. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Clean up and repair settings with CCleaner
Malware and potentially unwanted programs can ruin your system settings and leave junk files throughout your machine. CCleaner can repair your system settings and clean up your machine to get it up to shape.
2. Double click the executable file (ccsetup.exe or other) to begin installing CCleaner.
3. Click the Install button to begin stalling the program.
4. Click Run CCleaner to open the program when installation is complete.
5. Select the Cleaner tab and click the Analyze button.
6. When the Analyze process is complete click the Run Cleaner button to clean all files.
7. Next, select the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button to scan for issues in your registry.
8. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues button and Fix All Selected Issues button to fix the issues.
9. Next, select the Tools tab and click Startup. Examine each area, search for suspicious entries, and delete any suspicious startup entries by selecting the entry and clicking the Delete button.
10. Next, click Browser Plugins and search each internet browser for unwanted browser add-ons and extensions. Click the extension you want to delete and click the Delete button to remove it.