What is Free Converterz?
Free Converterz is a browser extension for Google Chrome and other compatible web browsers. It is promoted as a free tool that can be used to help convert files online for free. However, installing the Free Converterz extension comes with a is a risk.
When the Free Converterz extension is installed you may experience one or more of these symptoms:
- Pop-up advertisements on the webpages you visit
- Web searches redirect to new websites
- Browser performance declines
Additionally, the Free Converterz extension also has permission to perform tasks that may violate your privacy and interrupt your browsing experience. The extension can read and change your data on all free-converterz.com sites, .free-converterz.com, and free-converterz.com, read your browsing history, and change your search settings to feed.free-converterz.com.
The permissions are shown before the extension is manually installed but more permissions may be shown afterward in extension details.
The Free Converterz extension and other internet browser extensions like it have a bad reputation and provide a large risk. It is strongly recommended to avoid the extension and remove it if it is found installed on your browser. Luckily, this page contains instructions to remove the Free Converterz extension from Google Chrome and scan your computer for malware using reputable Antivirus software such as Malwarebytes and HitmanPro.
Remove Free Converterz from Google Chrome
Free Converterz is a browser extension exclusively compatible with Google Chrome. The extension can be manually removed in Chrome settings. Follow these steps to remove the extension from Google Chrome :
- Launch Google Chrome, open the menu, and go to More tools > Extensions.
- Click the Remove button.
Scan Your Computer For Malware
Malwarebytes is a reputable Antimalware program that will detect and remove malware from your computer. Follow these steps to remove known malware from your computer with Malwarebytes:
- Download Malwarebytes.
- Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-22.214.171.12439.exe to begin installing the program.
- When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
- When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
FREE DOWNLOAD BUY NOW