How to play Pokémon Go on your computer
Did you know that you can play Pokémon Go on your computer using an Android emulator called BlueStacks and Fake GPS app called FakeGPS Free? It’s true; However, your phone would be the preferred choice. The difference between Pokémon Pokemon Go on your computer and playing on your phone is a wide one.
There is really only one better option that can be fulfilled by playing Pokémon Go on your computer compared to playing the game on your phone. Playing Pokémon Go on your computer allows you to teleport (something Pokémon Go game developers could penalize you for). If you use the Fake GPS app you can chose a location anywhere in the world that the app enables you to. For example, I wasn’t able to teleport to Antarctica, but I was able to teleport to North Korea. In North Korea I did not find any Pokémon or monuments so I then went to the Grand Canyon and the Phoenix Zoo where I was able to hunt many pocket monsters. Using the Pokémon Go teleport option by utilizing the Fake GPS app is a risk that can get you penalized if you plan to play Pokémon Go on your computer.
Other issues with playing Pokémon Go on your computer are that you cannot really walk around to hunt because you can only go as far as your wifi or internet connection cable allows. In order to hunt while playing Pokémon Go on your computer you have to switch screens on the emulator and manually let the Fake GPS know where you want to go. Even if you want to take 3 steps in one direction to catch a Pokémon out of your range you will need to switch back to the Fake GPS app and tell it where to go. Furthermore, the Fake GPS app displays advertisements once in a while, so moving between the Fake GPS app and Pokémon Go app on your computer can be disrupted with full-screen advertisements you have to click out of.
Playing Pokémon Go on your computer is also plagued by horrid functionality and performance. The Pokémon Go game for your computer is very slow and very laggy. Moving around and simply clicking on a Pokémon is a task, but it’s achievable.
I would recommend to play Pokémon Go on your phone as opposed to playing Pokémon Go on your computer. The Pokémon Go game on your computer is very limited compared to the Pokémon Go phone application and there is always the risk of getting banned. You will have a much better playing experience if you play the app on your phone and not on the computer. However, it might be fruitful for Pokémon Go users who have existing accounts and want to teleport to random locations. You can even stand outside a gym and wait for someone to attack it so you can immediately take it back if they are able to infiltrate it.
How to download and play Pokémon Go on your computer
1. Download and install an Android emulator app called BlueStacks on your Windows or Mac computer.
2. Once BlueStacks is installed click the Settings icon in the top menu bar and click Settings in the list.
3. In the Accounts section of the settings page click + Add account > Google and sign into your Google account.
4. Once you have signed into your Google Account go back to the Android page and use the search option. Search for an app called FakeGPS free in the app store and install it.
5. Once FakeGPS Free has been installed go back to the Android page and search for Pokémon Go in the app store and install it. *You can also open the Fake GPS app and chose your location by double clicking anywhere on the map and clicking the arrow/play button on the bottom right of the screen. But, this will cause lag between the Fake GPS app and the game if you allow BlueStacks to have the two windows open at the same time.
6. Open Pokémon Go on your computer once it has been installed. The Pokémon Go game might ask you to download or use GPS. If this is the case you can open the FakeGPS Free app and teleport to your location by double clicking anywhere in the world on the provided map and clicking the orange arrow/play button on the bottom right of the screen.
7. Once you chose a location on the FakeGPS Free app the app will suddenly close and you should automatically be taken back to Pokémon Go.
8. To move again or simply teleport in Pokémon Go, slide your mouse (or finger if you are using a touch screen computer or device) down the top of the game window as you would if you were looking at notifications on your phone and click FakeGPS Free. This accesses the FakeGPS Free app interface and allows you to manually move your location or perform a Pokémon Go teleport to anywhere in the world. Once you double click the location you want to be in Pokémon Go on your computer click the arrow button at the bottom of the screen and you will be brought back to Pokémon Go. In order to move around using the FakeGPS Free app and Pokémon Go you will need to employ this method.