How to block semalt-website-analyzer.com referrals in Google Analytics
Semalt-website-analyzer.com is a referrer spam URL associated with notorious spammer semalt.com that targets your Google Analytics ID and tracking number. The URL will typically hit your website via Google Analytics data with deceptive referral traffic in order to aggressively gain your attention and provoke you to visit the website or search for it online. Semalt-website-analyzer.com referrals are not essentially harmful to your website and the way it appears in Google Search Results Pages, but it can ruin your website’s appropriate data measured in Google Analytics reports.
Semalt-website-analyzer.com referrer spam and referrer spam from other URLs such as googlemare.com is a big issue and high volume topic of discussion for many webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. Unwanted semalt-website-analyzer.com referrals can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. For example, the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that semalt-website-analyzer.com referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block semalt-website-analyzer.com referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop semalt-website-analyzer.com referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
Referrer spammers like semalt.com target the referral traffic data of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
How to block semalt-website-analyzer.com referrals
This guide shows you how to block semalt-website-analyzer.com referrals in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop semalt-website-analyzer.com referrer spam at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add semalt-website-analyzer.com or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add semalt-website-analyzer.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | semalt-website-analyzer.com