Hawker (Virus Removal)
If you found a program called “Hawker” (also searched for as Hawker virus) installed on your computer or have located a direct folder titled Hawker your computer has been infected with a potentially unwanted program and may be at risk of a more serious infection. Hawker is essentially detected as deceptive and intrusive adware by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs, but the bigger threat is that it bundles with very severe variants of malware. Therefor, you should immediately remove Hawker if you find it on your computer and scan your computer for any existing malicious files.
What is Hawker?
Hawker is advertised as free web shopping companion that can help you find online coupons and deals. Reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect and remove Hawker because it is essentially an intrusive piece of adware despite claims made by sources that promote this program.
Potential Hawker malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by Hawker are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
Hawker adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Hawker if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did Hawker get on my computer?
Hawker and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Once installed it will create multiple direct files and add new tasks to Windows. It is frequently bundled inside third-party software downloaders and software bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Hawker adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Hawker overview”]
- Hawker bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Hawker is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Hawker injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Hawker makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Hawker virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Hawker virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Hawker
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Hawker virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Hawker” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Hawker we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove Hawker.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Hawker
How to uninstall Hawker
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Hawker in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Hawker to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Hawker in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Hawker below.[/note]
How to remove Hawker add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Hawker extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Hawker add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Hawker extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Hawker in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Hawker below.[/note]
Hawker virus removal tips
- If you do not find Hawker in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Hawker you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411