- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 7 months ago by Karen23455.
- July 19, 2016 at 7:04 am #67931Karen23455Guest
Hi I think that I am infected with a browser hijacker. My start up page on Chrome browser has been removed and it keeps going back when I search.
I have tried malware bytes and it removed a few things but i cant change the start page still.
Any ideas?July 19, 2016 at 7:05 am #67932Karen23455Guest
The webpage is us.yahoo.comJuly 19, 2016 at 7:18 am #67933Tech SupportKeymaster
Welcome to the Security Center forum,
It sounds like you may have been infected with a browser hijacker. A potentially unwanted program or browser attachment may have compromised your internet browser settings.
There are 2 things I would like you to do:
1. Run another scan with Malwarebytes
2. Run a second scan with HitmanPro
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
Let me know how it goes. Good luck!July 19, 2016 at 8:22 am #67946Karen234555Guest
I didnt use the right email address before so I have a new name. Thanks for the quick help.
Hitman pro removed some tracking cookies and malwarebytes did not show any results again so i wont post the results. I bought hitmanpro. i was also able to remove yahoo from chrome using the link so thanks for that. everything is back to normal!
have a blessed day!