Error status 0xc0000045
Windows error status 0xc0000045 is an error displayed by the Windows Operating System. The 0xc0000045 error is caused by a corrupt registry, overloaded registry, corrupt drivers, or by interference from a third-party. Malware, potentially unwanted programs, and computer viruses fall into the category of third-parties that can cause the error status 0xc0000045 message to appear. A faulty update from Microsoft may also be the reason why this error is shown.
The error status 0xc0000045 message is usually shown when you try to launch a program or game. Instead of running the game, an error message that says “Bad Image” (or other) and Error status 0xc0000045 will be displayed. If you only notice the error when trying to launch a single program, it is recommend to reinstall the program to see if the error will stop.
Here’s an example of a message that contains an error message:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rslls.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000045.
The error 0xc0000045 message is very common with the latest malware. Malware often corrodes a computer system, modifies and removes files, and causes other issues that can be harmful for Windows Operating System. We often notice this update error occur when analyzing machines with the latest malware threats.
Check your computer for malware
Malware often causes the error status 0xc0000045 message in Windows Operating Systems. Scanning your computer for malware and removing dangerous malware with Antivirus software or Antimalware software will often fix 0xc0000045 error. If you are able to sign into your machine this is an easy solutions; However, if the machine will not let you sign in there are other solutions for this error.
- Open your browser window and download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
- Open the executable file (mb3-setup.exe) to begin installing Malwarebytes.
- Select your language, click Next, then select “I accept the agreement,” click the Next button several times, and then click the Install button to install Malwarebytes. Click Finish once the install process is complete.
- Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button on the Dashboard to begin scanning your computer.
- Click the Quarantine Selected button once the scan is finished.
- If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
Check your computer for driver updates
Outdated hardware and drivers can cause this error to occur. Check your computer for driver updates and update any out-of-date drivers.
Reset/Recover or refresh your computer
A reset, recovery , refresh, or other option can be used to fix the Update error 0xc0000045 code in Windows Operating Systems. A reset or recovery will reset your computer to factory settings and a refresh will remove all the programs you installed. A refresh will leave documents, pictures, videos, and other files on your hard drive and a reset or recovery will not.
- How to factory reset a Windows PC, laptop or tablet
- How to remove everything and reinstall Windows
- How to recover Windows 10
- How to refresh or reset Windows 10
- How to refresh or reset Windows 8
If you still have issues with the Update error 0xc0000045 error code on your Windows computer it is recommended to seek professional help from a local technician and avoid any information that suggest you modify your system, run commands, or delete system cache. Avoid tech support hotlines and websites that contain difficult and misleading information about this update error. Manually interfering with this error can cause further complications.