How to turn off Emergency Alerts (Android)
How to turn off Emergency Alert notifications including Extreme Alerts, Severe Alerts, and Amber Alerts on an Android device.
Emergency Alerts include amber alerts and notifications that warn you about weather conditions (such as Flash Flood Warnings), and other extreme occurrences. They are sent to your phone at whenever an alert is necessary.
However, some people might want to turn off Emergency Alerts on their Android devices. For example, someone might have more than 1 Android device and the Emergency Alerts might be overwhelming at times.
Turn Emergency Alert off or on
1. Go to Messages (In newer Android devices you can swipe down to pull up the App screen. On later devices you can go to Apps.).
2. Tap the 3 dots icon in the top right.
3. Tap Settings and go to Emergency alert settings.
4. Tap Emergency alerts to enter the EMERGENCY ALERTS menu.
5. Clear the check box or boxes for the Emergency Alerts you want to turn off. For example, to turn off Extreme alerts move the slide to the left.
To turn Emergency Alerts back on use the same instructions.