How to remove Direct Search  (Virus Removal Guide)
Direct Search  by SD Ltd. is a web browser extension compatible with Google Chrome and other popular web browsers. The publisher of the Direct Search  extension, SD Ltd. manages and maintains numerous browser extensions for Google Chrome that are additionally recognized as malicious or potentially troublesome.
Malwarebytes will detect and remove this threat! Click the button below to select the version of Malwarebytes you want to use to remove Direct Search , viruses, malware, and all other threats from your computer or device.
Threat Name: PUP.Optional.SearchHijack
SD Ltd extensions are identical. They have the same permissions which allow them to read and change your data on the websites you visit (including what you search for, what you type into text fields, etc.), read your browsing history, and change your search settings to an affiliated website.
The Direct Search  extension for Google Chrome particularly has permission to read and change your data on all searchpowerapp.com sites, read your browsing history, and change your search settings to searchpowerapp.com. In other words, the Direct Search  Chrome extension will track what you do online. It will interfere with your internet searches and intercept what you search for online and it will collect your data which includes your online history (the websites you have visited, pictures you have downloaded, online shops you visit, social media profiles you have viewed, etc.).
The description for the Direct Search  extension says “this extension configures your default search domain to searchpowerapp.com with channel  and provides enhanced results.” The publisher claims that the extension “allows you to simply search a query in the Omni Bar (address bar) to perform a search through Direct Search .” Although the publisher describes their product as somewhat inconspicuous the extension is still recognized as malicious or potentially malicious by numerous Antivirus engines.
These are typical reasons why a browser extension may be considered a threat or potential threat:
- Advertised by malicious advertising networks.
- Advertised alongside malware, adware, spyware, trojans, and viruses.
- Can be installed without user consent.
- Displays unwanted advertisements.
- Tampers with search settings and search results.
- Gathers user browsing data which may include sensitive information.
To add further, the Direct Search  extension will change the search settings of Google Chrome including the search provider, start page, and new tab page. This will cause Google Chrome to start up on a new website, redirect to a webpage when a new tab is opened, and redirect to a new website when a search is performed in the address bar.
Follow these instructions to remove Direct Search  and stop unwanted browser redirects to malicious websites.
Remove Direct Search  extension
Direct Search  is a browser extension that will attach to Google Chrome and other web browsers. Remove the extension through settings to ensure that your browser’s settings cannot be maliciously controlled.
1. Click Customize and control Google Chrome and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Locate the Direct Search  extension and click the Remove button.
3. Search and remove other suspicious browser extensions.
Remove malware and viruses
Malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and viruses may be present on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Malwarebytes to detect and remove known threats.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the blue Scan button to begin scanning your computer for malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs. The scan may take several minutes to complete.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Cleanup and repair
Tracking files allow bad guys to track you online and changes to the Windows registry can cause numerous problems. Clean up your computer’s registry, remove tracking files, and remove junk files from your computer with CCleaner by Piriform.
1. Download and install CCleaner. CCleaner will seamlessly guide you through the quick installation process.
2. Once CCleaner is installed, click the Take my PC Health Check button or go to Health Check > Next and follow the instructions to begin checking your PC’s health.
3. When the scan is complete, click Make it better button to remove trackers, remove junk files, disable startup apps, and more.
4. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues to check your computer for registry issues.
5. When the scan is complete, click Fix selected Issues, backup the registry, and click Fix Issue or Fix All Issues.