How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Direct Game UNI Installer?
Direct Game UNI Installer is Trojan that serves the purpose of installing other malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs. Direct Game UNI Installer may also be referred to as an adware bundler due to the fact that it will promote, download, and install other malicious and potentially malicious programs without user consent and knowledge similar to how many adware bundlers perform.
Direct Game UNI Installer uses unethical and deceptive methods to get onto a computer. It may claim to be something it is not such as a computer game installation file in order to trick a user into installing it. When we initially discovered the Direct Game UNI Installer Trojan it was masquerading as an executable file named Minecraft_Installer.exe claiming to be used to install popular computer game Minecraft.
Is Direct Game UNI Installer safe?
According to Google’s VirusTotal analyzation tool, Direct Game UNI Installer is recognized as malware and a Trojan by reputable antivirus engines and is, therefore, considered unsafe. VirusTotal confirms that the Trojan has an active detection rate and numerous antivirus program will detect and remove it due to it being a real threat.
In addition, Direct Game UNI Installer may download alongside auxiliary dangers including malware, adware, spyware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that can cause additional symptoms and put a user’s personal information at risk.
This is a list of symptoms that may occur if this program is installed:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Unwanted notifications
- Browser redirects
- Negative computer performance and functionality
- Computer crashes
Furthermore, Direct Game UNI Installer and programs associated with it may collect and share personal data in order to manufacture a marketing profile on their users or sell the information they collect. This may result in unsolicited email messages, junk mail, and telephone calls from telemarketers and scammers.
How to remove Direct Game UNI Installer
Like most programs, Direct Game UNI Installer can be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs; However, uninstalling the unwanted program through the Windows control panel will not remove all traces of the Trojan or malware, adware, and other files that it installs. Since this is the case we recommend to scan the infected machine using reputable antivirus tools once Direct Game UNI Installer is uninstalled.
Step 1: Uninstall Direct Game UNI Installer from Windows
First, uninstall Direct Game UNI Installer from Windows.
1. Right-click the Start menu.
2. Click to Apps and Features.
3. Click Direct Game UNI Installer and an Uninstall button will appear. Click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Use Malwarebytes to remove Direct Game UNI Installer and other malware
Then use Malwarebytes to remove left-over Direct Game UNI Installer files and known malware. Malwarebytes will detect this threat as: PUP.Optional.PCVARK.
Why should you buy the premium version?
Malwarebytes Premium has real-time protection that automatically protects your computer and other devices from viruses, spyware, and malware. With Malwarebytes Premium you can stay ahead and safely browse the web with confidence.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as mb3-setup-1878.1878-18.104.22.16839.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
Step 3: Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan
Use HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove remaining trace files, malware, and files used for tracking and data collection.
1. Download HitmanPro. Fill out the information on their website and download the executable file.
Why should you buy the full version?
HitmanPro is a little different than your usual security program. It goes beyond simply removing viruses, it completely eradicates all traces and remnants of the infection. HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside your Antivirus program which makes it a match up great with Malwarebytes Premium.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as HitmanPro.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
Step 4: Use CCleaner to clean up and repair Windows registry
The last step is to use CCleaner to clean up Windows registry and repair settings that may have changed.
Why should you buy the professional version?
CCleaner Professional has the power of real-time automation, so your computer always stays clean, safe, and fast. CCleaner Pro bundles privacy protection, system cleaning, and more with outstanding customer service.
2. Double click the executable file or icon, such as ccsetup556.exe to begin installing the program.
3. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
4. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
5. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
6. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
7. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
8. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
10. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
11. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
12. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.