What is Check-the-weather.com?
Check-the-weather.com is a domain name used to serve advertisements and redirect internet searches including searches performed on Google and the Google Chrome address bar to full-page advertisements and third-party websites. Some websites that the Check-the-weather.com website may redirect users to, or forward users to, may host malware and/or promote and show advertisements for malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
According to the domain name’s WHOIS information, the owner of the domain name is intentionally withheld from the public by withheldforprivacy.com; a third-party service that keeps domain ownership information private.
In addition, the domain name’s A record shows that the domain name shares the same IP address as similar domain names including check-the.news and check-this-message.one.
Is Check-the-weather.com safe?
No, Check-the-weather.com is not recognized as safe for these reasons:
- Check-the-weather.com may host malware
- Check-the-weather.com may advertise malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
- Check-the-weather.com may redirect internet users to advertisements
- Check-the-weather.com may redirect internet users to third-party search engines
If you have come across Check-the-weather.com it is likely that you have been introduced to malware, a potentially unwanted program (PUP), or an unsafe browser extension like the visible dark extension for Google Chrome and we strongly advise that you use the instructions below to remove malware and ensure that your computer and device is safe.
How to remove Check-the-weather.com ads
Follow these steps to remove malware and viruses from your computer or device that present unwanted Check-the-weather.com ads:
- Download the Malwarebytes setup file for the version you wish to use.
- Locate the setup file (MBSetup.exe) and open it to begin the installation process.
- Once Malwarebytes is installed click the Scan button.
- When finished, Malwarebytes will show a list of results including the detection names. Click the Quarantine button to remove all selected threats.
- Malwarebytes may require a system reboot. If so, restart your computer to complete the process.