- Boss Blocker is a browser extension that is often automatically installed when you install other apps.
- Boss Blocker is often the product promoted in pop-up advertisements.
- The guide on this page includes instructions to remove this browser extension, malware, adware, and viruses from your computer or mobile device.
- This page answers What is Boss Blocker, How did Boss Blocker get on my computer, and how to remove Boss Blocker.
There are many reputable Ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome out there including Adblock Plus – free ad blocker and most people associate the practice of blocking advertisements as a good thing so so many are surprised to find out that not all ad blockers are as they seem. For example, Boss Blocker is an extension compatible with Google Chrome and other web browsers that installs without user consent when you install other apps and extensions like emulators or media players.
Once installed, the extension can read and change all your data on all the websites you visit, read your browsing history, and block content on any page you visit. Furthermore, these permissions are still established while you are in incognito mode.
In addition, the Boss Blocker extension is also known to be advertised by adware and in pop-up advertisements shown in the image above.
Now that you know a little bit about this program’s reputation in comparison to other Antivirus programs, let’s talk about what Boss Blocker is and claims to be.
What is Boss Blocker?
Boss Blocker is an ad blocker extension compatible with Google Chrome and other web browsers. It is promoted as an extension configured to disable scripts and advertisements on the websites you visit. While the Boss Blocker extension can block advertisements from being displayed on the websites you visit it will leave the area blank which can cause large gaps on the pages you view. Reputable ad blockers do not have this type of problem.
How did Boss Blocker get on my computer?
Boss Blocker is often automatically installed when you install other programs including freeware, shareware, bloatware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), or programs that may be malicious and deceptive. The extension is also aggressively advertised and promoted by pop-up advertisements which may lead to some accidental installations, in addition, these advertising networks may serve advertisements that host malware, adware, spyware, and viruses.
Luckily, the instructions below explain how to remove Boss Blocker, malware, viruses, adware, and any other kind of security threat that may be on your computer or device.
Here are 6 ways to remove this program from your computer.
How to remove Boss Blocker
1. Use Google Chrome
- Right-click on the ellipsis (3 dots), click More Tools and click Extensions.
- Find Boss Blocker in the list and click the Remove button next to it.
- Click Remove to confirm.
2. Use Start Menu
- Right-click Windows Start Menu and select Apps & features.
- Find Boss Blocker in the list, click on it, and click Uninstall from the flyout menu.
- Click Uninstall on the prompt to confirm.
3. Use Settings
- Press Windows + I to open settings and select Apps from the tabs listed on the left pane.
- Click on Apps & features on the right.
- Find Boss Blocker in the list, click on the ellipsis (3 dots) next to it, and click Uninstall from the flyout menu.
- Click Uninstall on the prompt to confirm.
4. Use Run Command
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command dialogue box, type appwiz.cpl in the text field, and click OK to launch the Programs and Features window.
- Find Boss Blocker in the list, click it, and click Uninstall when it appears above.
- Click Yes on the prompt to confirm.
5. Use uninstaller software
Although the default app removal procedures normally work to remove unwanted programs there may be cases when files are left behind, the Windows registry becomes corrupted, or other issues arise. And because of this, we recommend using third-party uninstaller software. But not just any third-party uninstaller, one that can repair your computer and make sure everything is running smoothly, such as CCleaner.
- Download and install CCleaner.
- Launch CCleaner once installed and go to the Tools tab on the left pane.
- Go to Browser Plugins on the second pane, find Boss Blocker in the list, click it, and click Disable, then Delete on the right pane.
- Next, go to the Uninstall tab on the second pane, find Boss Blocker in the list, click it, and click Uninstall on the right pane.
- Once the program is eradicated go to the Registry tab on the left pane and click Scan for Issues.
- When the scan is complete click Review selected Issues.
- A prompt will appear that asks you if you want to make a backup of the registry before making changes, it is not necessary, but we advise you to click Yes to make a backup and save it where you will remember it.
- Next, click Fix All Selected Issues and click Close.
6. Perform a System Restore
Press Windows + S to open Windows Search, enter “create a restore point” in the text field, and click Create a restore point in the search results.
- Click the System Restore button.
- Select the recommended restore point or manually chose another one on the list and click Next to proceed.
- If you chose another restore point on the list, you will be shown other restore points, select one, and click Next.
- Verify the details and click Finish to begin the System Restore process.
Issues removing Boss Blocker
If you are still having issues removing this program and/or if you suspect your computer is infected with malware, viruses, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) we advise you to use Malwarebytes to scan and remove the threats from your machine. Malwarebytes offers a free version that will scan and remove malware, a free trial of their premium software, a premium Antimalware program, security applications for mobile devices, and more.
- Download and install Malwarebytes.
- Launch Malwarebytes and click Scan to scan your computer for malware and viruses.
- When finished, click the Quarantine button to remove all selected threats.
- Restart your computer to complete the process.