How to Remove bokerstars.com (Virus Removal Guide)
What is bokerstars.com?
bokerstars.com is a domain name that is currently flagged by Bitdefender and G-Data as malicious. According to reports, the domain name may host malware and infect visitors with malicious files that may violate their privacy and affect the performance of the computer or mobile device. Additionally, according to the domain name’s A record, the owner maintains other domain names such as 1000-dollar.cash and 1000-eur.cash that are recognized as malicious by a larger number of Antivirus databases.
The website claims to be a company called AppShake LTD and there are other domain names such as cazin0.com which also claim to be AppShakeLTD; a push notification advertiser. The AppShakeLTD company allegedly provides an advertising service that allows customers to utilize push notifications advertisements which are commonly used by malicious websites and malware distributors.
It is a red flag when a business such as this one does not publicly list its information such as its ‘real’ location and phone numbers when registering its domain name. And although the website may have a contact form on the page, according to the domain name’s WHOIS information, the owner of the domain name is intentionally withholding their contact information from the public by using a service provided by withheldforprivacy.com.
Is bokerstars.com safe?
No, bokerstars.com is not recognized as safe and is detected as malicious by BitDefender and G-Data.
- bokerstars.com may host malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
- bokerstars.com may advertise malware and PUPs
- bokerstars.com may redirect internet users to advertisements
- bokerstars.com may redirect internet users to third-party search engines
If you have come across bokerstars.com it is likely that you have been introduced to malware, a PUP, or an unsafe browser extension like the visible dark extension for Google Chrome and we strongly advise that you use the instructions below to remove malware and ensure that your computer and device is safe.
How to remove bokerstars.com ads
Follow these steps to remove malware and viruses from your computer or device that present unwanted bokerstars.com ads:
- Download the Malwarebytes setup file for the version you wish to use.
- Locate the setup file (MBSetup.exe) and open it to begin the installation process.
- Once Malwarebytes is installed click the Scan button.
- When finished, Malwarebytes will show a list of results including the detection names. Click the Quarantine button to remove all selected threats.
- Malwarebytes may require a system reboot. If so, restart your computer to complete the process.