BocaEdit (BocaEdit virus, Boca Edit) is a potential unwanted program in the adware category of computer threats that can get onto a computer without user knowledge, gather personal browsing data, and generate targeted advertisements across Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is BocaEdit?
Publisher Description: N/A
- BocaEdit may bundle with third-party malware, malicious files, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including UniDeals.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with BocaEdit can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with BocaEdit can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with BocaEdit can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with BocaEdit can manage your downloads.
How does BocaEdit get on a computer?
The BocaEdit virus is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware, shareware, torrents, and other items. In many cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline a custom offer to install this program; However, the offer to decline the program from installing can be ignored or presented in a deceptive manner by the program.
How to remove BocaEdit
- Step 1: Remove BocaEdit add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall BocaEdit
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove BocaEdit add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BocaEdit extension and other suspicious extensions. Remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the BocaEdit add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall BocaEdit
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for BocaEdit and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.