The blue CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR webpage contains a fake security alert that attempts to bait potential victims to call a malicious Microsoft tech-support phone number. CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR advertisements will usually take up an entire webpage in a new browser tab or pop-up window known as a pop-under advertisement and an image that takes up the entire webpage. The CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR webpage contains a blue background and a fraudulent message that says “WINDOWS HEALTH IS CRITICAL” and attempts to trick users into calling a fake Microsoft support phone number.
The blue “CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR” message is fake and associated with a tech-support scam phone number. The CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR webpage is designed to bait unsuspecting computer users into calling a tech-support phone number that will attempt to gain remote connection to the target’s computer. The scammers will usually ask callers to download a program such as AAMYY in order to give them remote entry. When a remote connection is made to the victim’s computer the scammers will typically provide false information about the computer’s status or download malware on to the victim’s computer. They will then ask for a payment in order to remove the threats they remotely placed on the computer system or entirely fabricated.
The CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR webpage is difficult to close. If you try to close the web browser window multiple browser notifications will appear that say something like “unable to access network” with further misleading details. In order to close the CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR messages you will need to close multiple browser notifications or end the browser’s process in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC).
If you see CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR advertisements and are redirected to the blue webpage it does not mean that your computer is infected with malware or any threat. Sometimes these advertisements are embedded by website owners whom use a particular advertising platform. The types of webpages that usually take advantage of these aggressive and misleading advertisements include torrenting websites, video streaming websites, pornography website, gaming websites, gambling websites, file sharing websites, and more.
Advertisements that have been implemented by website owners can be blocked by use of free browser add-ons and extension such as AdBlock and uBlock Origin. These browser attachments are available for multiple internet browsers.
The misleading advertisements can also be generated by adware that has infected your computer. If your computer is infected with adware you may notice pop-up CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR advertisements on any website. If this is the case we suggest that you read the guide below to help you remove CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR adware and other threats from your computer.
Your OS: Windows BSOD : DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80040201 Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80073afc 0x000000CE DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS WINDOWS HEALTH IS CRITICAL DO NOT RESTART PLEASE CONTACT MICROSOFT TECHNICIANS
How to remove adware from your computer
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted browser add-ons
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR and unwanted programs
The third step to remove adware is to uninstall unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for the unwanted program you want to uninstall and double click it.
4. Remove CRITICAL SYSTEM ERROR and unwanted browser add-ons
The fourth step to adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.