How to remove Anyquestion.wiki redirect virus (Removal Guide)
Anyquestion.wiki is a browser hijacker, also known as a browser redirect virus, that hijacks an internet browser’s existing settings. The redirect virus changes the homepage, default search, and/or new tab page with a new address such as https://anyquestion.wiki/ or https://search.anyquestion.wiki/.
After Anyquestion.wiki has taken control of an internet browser’s settings it will cause all web searches performed in the address bar or Omni box to redirect to https://search.anyquestion.wiki. and other websites.
The Anyquestion.wiki website employs various programs and/or browser extensions to gain control of an infected internet browser. Browser extensions associated with the Anyquestion.wiki website will have permission to read and modify settings and data such as browsing history.
- Browser extensions read and modify user data such as browsing history.
- Browser extensions view and install additional browser extensions.
- Browser extensions modify the homepage, new tab page, and default search provider.
In addition, programs and browser extensions associated with the Anyquestion.wiki website may be recognized as malware or potentially malicious for numerous reasons.
- The programs bundle with malware, adware, spyware, ransomware, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
- The programs download content without consent or knowledge.
- The programs schedule tasks to run every time Windows starts.
- The programs retain sensitive user information including personally identifiable data (personal data) that can be used to identify a person and track them online.
- The programs may cause interruptions and issues with Windows operating system and internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Users may experience separate issues than the ones mentioned above.
- Use Malwarebytes to remove Anyquestion.wiki
- Use HitmanPro to remove Anyquestion.wiki
- Use CCleaner to automatically clean up and fix settings
- Check for rogue browser extensions
Use Malwarebytes to remove Anyquestion.wiki
2. When you have installed Malwarebytes, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning your computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot your computer.
Use HitmanPro to remove Anyquestion.wiki
2. When you have installed HitmanPro, click the Next button to begin scanning your computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
4. Reboot your computer.
Use CCleaner to automatically clean up and fix settings
2. When you have installed CCleaner, click the Analyze button to begin analyzing your system.
3. Once analyzation is complete, click the Run Cleaner button to clean your system.
4. Now, let’s run through the Tools section; Go to Tools.
5. Uninstall: Is there a program you missed uninstalling before? CCleaner can often show you programs that are hidden from the Control panel.
6. Software Updater: Are there any programs to update? Make sure to keep the programs on your computer up-to-date to avoid issues with security vulnerabilities.
7. Startup: Go through the Windows, Scheduled Tasks, and Context Menu tabs. Are there any suspicious startup keys enabled? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
8. Browser Plugins: Go through the tabs for each browser installed on your computer. Are there any suspicious plugins installed? If so, highlight them with your mouse and click the Delete button to remove them.
9. Finally, let’s clean up the registry. Get out of the Tools area and go to Registry.
10. Click the Scan for Issues button and follow the instructions.
11. Once the registry scan is complete click the Fix selected Issues… button and follow the instructions to fill all the selected issues found in your computer’s registry.
Check for rogue browser extensions
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the menu, go to More tools > Extensions.
3. Find the Anyquestion.wiki extension and click the Remove button.