AdZero Adblocker is an internet browser extension for Google Chrome and other compatible internet browsers. The AdZero Adblocker extension is promoted as a free browser extension and ad blocker that allows you to block advertisements on any site you’re viewing, see how many advertisements and trackers you have blocked, and more.
Although this sounds like a typical free ad blocker, the AdZero Adblocker extension is not actually free to use. The extension is initially offered as a free 2-day trial and when the trial period is over, you are required to purchase a monthly subscription for $9.99 USD or a yearly subscription for $99.99 USD.
AdZero is not much different than other ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome except that it is not free to use like most extensions used to block advertisements are. The extension also employs marketing techniques that legitimate ad-blockers normally stay away from; the extension is promoted by advertisements produced by questionable advertising networks on websites that can be harmful.
Description and permissions
Ad blocker extension for annoying ads on the Internet.
Stop ads while surfing the Internet and protect your privacy via in-browser controls!
- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
- Display notifications
AdZero Adblocker can be manually installed from the developer’s website and in the Chrome Web Store. However, as previously mentioned, the extension is sometimes advertised by advertising networks that also promote malicious software (malware) and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Websites that utilize these advertising networks may host malware and contain dangerous or prohibited content. This means that if you come across advertisements for the AdZero Adblocker extension, or found the extension installed, it is possible that your computer was introduced to malware and/or potentially unwanted programs.
1. Open the Customize and control Google Chrome menu and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Find the AdZero Adblocker extension and click the Remove button to remove it.
3. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to scan your computer and remove malicious files and potentially unwanted programs.
4. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
5. Choose if this is for home or work use and click Agree and Install to begin installing Malwarebytes. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
6. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the program and click the Scan Now button on the dashboard – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
7. When the scan is complete click the Quarantine Selected button.
8. If Malwarebytes says “All selected items have been removed successfully. A log file has been saved to the logs folder. Your computer needs to be restarted to complete the removal process. Would you like to restart now?” click the Yes button to restart your computer.
9. Download HitmanPro to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining malicious trace files. A second-opinion scan is important when removing malware and malicious files from your computer.
10. To install the program, locate and double-click the executable file you just downloaded. The file can usually be found in the Download folder.
11. Once HitmanPro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may choose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
12. When the HitmanPro scan is complete, click the Next button.
13. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
14. Click the Reboot button.