How to remove ActionClassicGames (Virus Removal Guide)
ActionClassicGames is a browser extension in the browser hijacker category of computer infections that modifies existing browser settings, displays advertisements, and collects browsing data. When the ActionClassicGames extension is installed it will replace the startup page (home page), new tab page, and search provider with a new website such as search.myway.com. The change in these settings causes searches performed in the address bar and new tab page to redirect to the new website.
To make matters worse, the ActionClassicGames extension has permissions allowing it to invade a user’s privacy and manage other browser settings including apps, extensions, and themes. The extension has permission to read and change your data on a number of websites, replace the page you see when opening a new tab, read your browsing history, display notifications, manage your apps, extensions, and themes, and more. Furthermore, the extension can collect browser history and collect user data in incognito mode.
In addition, ActionClassicGames and similar browser extensions including Heyweb, Genius APP, and Power App utilize unethical, deceptive, and aggressive advertising methods, including malicious advertising networks, in order to get onto a browser. Webpages and advertisements promoting the extension will attempt to force users to install them, or at least make it confusing, by continuously showing error messages.
The use of malicious advertising networks by the extension also means that it may bundle with or be advertised alongside third-party malware, adware, browser hijackers, spyware, ransomware, potentially unwanted programs, and other threats. Third-party threats provide even greater security and privacy risks. It is recommended to scan your computer immediately to remove such threats.
These are symptoms you may experience when the ActionClassicGames extension is installed:
- Pop-up advertisements
- Pop-up notifications
- Hijacked homepage
- Hijacked search engine
- Hijacked new tab page
- Constant browser redirects
- Other suspicious browser extensions installed
- Other suspicious software installed
- Slower browser performance
- Slow and sluggish PC
How to remove ActionClassicGames
Like most browser extensions, the ActionClassicGames browser extension can be manually removed through browser settings. However, removing the browser extension through browser settings will not remove malware, adware, spyware, viruses, and other threats from an infected computer. To remove malware and other threats from an infected computer, we recommend scanning a computer with reputable security software that is known to detect and remove malware and other threats. Follow the guide below to completely remove ActionClassicGames and malware from any computer.
How to remove the ActionClassicGames extension
1. Open the menu and go to More tools > Extensions
2. Click the Remove button
1. Open the menu and go to Add-ons
2. Click the Remove button
How to remove malware
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the computer.
3. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats detected by Malwarebytes.
4. Reboot the computer.
5. Once the computer is rebooted, download and install HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert to perform a second-opinion scan and remove the remaining malware (if applicable). To download the executable file, fill out the information on their website (name and email address) and click submit.
6. Once HitmanPro is installed, click the Next button to begin scanning the computer.
7. When the scan is complete, click the Next button to remove all threats detected by HitmanPro.
How to remove tracking files and repair Windows registry
2. Once CCleaner is installed, go to the Easy Clean tab.
3. Click the Analyze button to find trackers and junk files that CCleaner can remove.
4. When the analysis is complete, click the Clean All button.
5. Next, go to the Registry tab and click the Scan for Issues button.
6. When the scan is complete, click the Fix selected Issues… button.
7. As a precaution, click Yes to back up the registry before making changes to it and save the Reg File (.reg) file to your computer.
8. Click the Fix All Selected Issues button and then click Close once all problems have been removed.