How to remove Zoom Downloader (Virus Removal)
[accordion title=”What is Zoom Downloader?” icon=”icon-question-sign” active=”false”]Zoom Downloader (also known as the Zoom Downloader virus or ZoomDownloader) is a a free Microsoft Windows program that often bundles with other objects. Zoom Downloader is detected as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware by reputable security programs, including Antivirus and Anti-Malware software. The adware is particularity known to download and install onto a computer system without user consent or knowledge.
Furthermore, potential Zoom Downloader malware downloads and installs with additional third-party malware, malicious files, and other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including Browse Pax and OnePlayer. This means that multiple programs will need to be uninstalled and multiple browser add-ons and extensions will need to be removed from each installed internet browser in order to stop all unwanted activities performed by this program and others that it bundles with from occurring.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Zoom Downloader can read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Zoom Downloader can read and change your browsing history.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Zoom Downloader can manage your apps, extensions, and themes.
- Programs and browser attachments associated with Zoom Downloader can manage your downloads.
[accordion title=”How does Zoom Downloader get onto a computer?” icon=”icon-question-sign” active=”false”]Adware and potentially unwanted programs are usually contracted without user knowledge and alongside free downloadable content, such as freeware and torrents.
Users may be given the option to accept or decline an offer to install Zoom Downloader adware and similar objects during the installation process of third-party freeware; However, the user request to decline the program from installing is usually ignored or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, Zoom Downloader and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on. Advertisements may also attempt to persuade internet users that some sort of program or update is needed for the machine.
Zoom Downloader Removal
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Zoom Downloader
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search unwanted add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall Zoom Downloader
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for Zoom Downloader and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.