Zammillo (also known as Ads by Zammillo Deals) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that was published by SuperWeb LLC primarily for computers using the Microsoft Windows Operating System. This adware program attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and/or extension with or without user consent in order to serve targeted advertisements.
Once potential Zammillo malware is installed, the adware program will being to collect user information, including browser activity, history, and manually submitted information, such as email addresses, identification data, and more. Zammillo and third-parties will likely use this information to display a variety of different advertisements.
Some Zammillo advertisements are pop-under ads that take up an entire browser window or browser tab. Others are generic banner and skyscraper adverts, in-text ads, and/or pop-up advertisements that may appear when a user hovers over text or images with their mouse pointer.
Most advertisements displayed by Zammillo will contain text that say something similar to “Ads by Zammillo, brought by Zammillo, or Zammillo Deals.”
The Zammillo adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Zammillo software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the Zammillo virus
- Option 1: Automatically remove Zammillo – This first option details how to remove Zammillo malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Zammillo – This second option details how to manually uninstall Zammillo and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Zammillo removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Zammillo and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Zammillo adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Zammillo and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Zammillo, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Zammillo removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Zammillo adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Zammillo
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Zammillo and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Zammillo add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Zammillo add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Zammillo extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Zammillo add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Zammillo add-on and remove it if located.