YTBlockerApp (also found as YouTube Blocker App) is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) categorized as adware that primarily installs to a Microsoft Windows machine and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with without direct user consent.
YTBlockerApp may be promoted as freeware that is used to block advertisements on YouTube and/or perform other similar tasks; However, YTBlockerApp is a cross-browser advertisement-supported program that displays advertisements itself.
YTBlockerApp ads come in a variety of different forms. Some users may notice are pop-under ads, in-text ads that say something similar to “Ads by YTBlockerApp” on them, pop-up advertisements that appear in images and say something similar to “brought by YTBlockerApp” on them, and generic banner and skyscraper adverts.
Potential YTBlockerApp malware, alike similar adware programs may collect user information in order to display targeted advertisements or ads that it feels are relevant to the user. This can create additional privacy relating issues for many Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 users.
How does YTBlockerApp malware get onto a computer?
YTBlockerApp malware often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com, and can also be contracted via advertisements, torrents, and more on websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install YTBlockerApp software and other items; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
How to remove the YTBlockerApp virus
- Automatically remove YTBlockerApp virus – Scan for and automatically remove YTBlockerApp and third-party malware
- Manually remove YTBlockerApp virus – Remove/Uninstall YTBlockerApp and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
1. Automatic YTBlockerApp virus removal
Use the instructions below to automatically remove YTBlockerApp and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
4. When the Malwarebytes interface has open on the dashboard, click the large Scan Now button to start scanning your computer for malicious files. *Scan options can also be found in the “Scan” section.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner is exceptional software that can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings and uninstall YTBlockerApp adware, as well as associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall YTBlockerApp and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for YTBlockerApp, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual YTBlockerApp virus removal
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall YTBlockerApp and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall YTBlockerApp
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for YTBlockerApp and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that YTBlockerApp may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove YTBlockerApp add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove YTBlockerApp add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the YTBlockerApp extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the YTBlockerApp add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the YTBlockerApp add-on and remove it if located.