How to remove YouTube Lyrics (Removal Instructions)
YouTube Lyrics is one of those programs that claims to be a helpful and fun tool you can use alongside your internet browser; However, YouTube Lyrics is known to cause a lot of problems for computer and internet users. The program and browser attachments it associates with are known to sneak onto a computer without direct user consent. Once installed it will gather browsing data, use a large amount of resources which can cause slower computer and internet speeds, and it will generate pop-up advertisements that specifically target the information it collects about the user.
|Name||YouTube Lyrics, YouTube Lyrics virus, Ads By YouTube Lyrics|
|Short Description||The adware is promoted as a free lyric finder.|
|Symptoms||The user may experience unwanted advertisements in the web browser.|
|Distribution Method||The adware bundles with freeware and dubious files.|
|Detection tool||Download Malware Removal Tool|
What is YouTube Lyrics?
YouTube Lyrics is promoted as a free lyric finder tool for your web browser. It will show lyrics on a pop-out window aside YouTube videos when you visit the website. Even if YouTube Lyrics does what it is supposed to do, the user can be affected because of its data collection policy and changes to existing internet browser settings.
YouTube Lyrics Removal Guide
YouTube Lyrics can be uninstalled manually from your computer and internet browser. We have provided several steps below the article to show you how remove YouTube Lyrics and other threats. However, if you have clicked on any random ads or have been redirected to suspicious websites, your system may have been exposed to malware and other threats. To make sure your PC is completely clean and your information is protected from cyber criminals, we recommend that you follow all the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall YouTube Lyrics from Windows
Follow the instructions to uninstall YouTube Lyrics and other programs that it may bundle with from your Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computer. If you do not find YouTube Lyrics installed on your computer but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files.
1. Open Windows Start or Task menu and go to the Control Panel (or directly to Programs and Features).
2. In the “Programs” section click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove programs).
3. Search for YouTube Lyrics, Chromium, and other programs in the list of installed programs and double click the program you want to remove to uninstall it. You can also select YouTube Lyrics with your mouse and click the Uninstall button once it appears. Once you have uninstalled YouTube Lyrics look for other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and uninstall any if they are found. A general tip is to click “Installed On” to locate any programs that installed around the same time.
Step 2: Remove unwanted browser attachments
Follow the instructions to remove YouTube Lyrics add-ons and extensions, as well as other attachments that it may bundle with from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer & Edge, and Apple Safari. If you do not find a YouTube Lyrics attachments installed on your internet browser but still notice unwanted symptoms such as pop-up ads while you browse the web it is recommended to use Malwarebytes and HitmanPro to eradicate troublesome files. To remove YouTube Lyrics from Microsoft internet browsers you must uninstall the program.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the YouTube Lyrics extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the YouTube Lyrics add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the YouTube Lyrics extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove YouTube Lyrics with Malwarebytes
Follow the instructions to remove YouTube Lyrics with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Step 4: Remove YouTube Lyrics with HitmanPro
Follow the instructions to remove YouTube Lyrics with HitmanPro second-opinion software.
1. Download and install HitmanPro second opinion scanner and removal tool.
[button link=”https://www.cleverbridge.com/747/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdl.surfright.nl%2fHitmanPro.exe” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download HitmanPro[/button]
3. Once Hitman Pro is installed, open the program and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
4. When the scan is complete, click the Next button again to delete any threats or traces on your system.
5. If you are initially using the free version, to activate it, enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
6. Restart your computer by selecting Reboot.
Step 5: Clean and repair your computer with CCleaner
Follow the instructions to clean your computer and repair your computer’s settings.
[button link=”https://secure.piriform.com/502/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=https%3a%2f%2fwww.piriform.com%2fccleaner%2fdownload%2fprofessional” align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#0015ff” hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download CCleaner[/button]
2. Once installed, open the program and go to the main Cleaner screen and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries. If you find any thing suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Finally, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.