How to remove Yappyz (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Yappyz?
The Yappyz virus is a term many have used to describe this program. However, Yappyz is not technically defined as a computer virus although it does provide a real threat. Yappyz is essentially a very deceptive advertisement-supported potentially unwanted program (PUP) and adware. It is known to bundle with and install alongside additional unwanted programs, malware, and malicious threats. It is also known to utilize deceptive and unethical tactics to infiltrate a computer and remain on a computer system.
Yappyz is promoted as a free gaming platform that delivers free and premium games to a user’s PC. But like most of these free game and flash gaming programs, potential Yappyz malware is known to cause many problems. Users will notice pop-up advertisements across Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as pop-up messages and windows on Windows desktop from Yappyz and third-party adware and advertising platforms that it bundles with.
Aside from standalone gaming interfaces, this program also has a window to display the Yappyz store where users can browser arcade, puzzle, action, strategy, adventure, and the top games like Angry Birds, Street Fighter 2, and Contra.
Many online users have complained that Yappyz uninstalls in the French language. Therefore it is confusing to uninstall this program if you do not speak French.
How does Yappyz get onto a computer?
Yappyz adware is usually contracted without user knowledge alongside free downloadable content from a variety of locations on the web. Free downloadable content includes freeware, shareware, torrents, email attachments, and more.
Users who wish to install freeware may be given a “custom installation” option to accept or decline an offer to install Yappyz adware and similar products during the installation; However, the user request to decline the adware from installing can be ignored by the program or presented in a confusing manner.
In some cases, Yappyz and other unwanted programs are deceptively promoted through questionable advertisements. These advertisements may be dishonest, misleading, and cause the program to automatically download and install once clicked on. For example, a user may wish to only download the game Angry Birds, but Yappyz and other unwanted programs will install as the game can only be streamed on the particular platform.
How to remove Yappyz (Removal Guide)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Yappyz
- Step 3: Remove Yappyz malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Yappyz add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Yappyz
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Yappyz and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. A new window may appear in French (or other language) that says “Vous estes sur le point de deinstaller Yappyz et tous les jeux qui l’accompagnent. Estes-vous sur de vouloir continuer?” If the language is in French, click the green Oui button to uninstall this program.
Step 3: Remove Yappyz malware with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.