How to remove Xportsoft Quick PC Booster (Removal Guide)
Xportsoft Quick PC Booster
Xportsoft Quick PC Booster is freeware with a questionable online reputation. The cyber security community and reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs have flagged Quick PC Booster as a potentially unwanted category (PUP) in the scareware or rogue program category of computer threats. Xportsoft Quick PC Booster has been described to perform bogus and misleading computer scams in order to scare victims into purchasing the full version of the program.
Xportsoft Quick PC Booster is self promoted as a free Windows Cleaner and Optimization tool that can also remove malware; However, potential Xportsoft Quick PC Booster malware is not free to use. Users must purchase the software in order to use the features. Features provided by this program are actually free and standard on most Windows Operating Systems. Programs like Xportsoft Quick PC Booster are essentially non-beneficial to the computer user.
Something that has raised suspicious from the cyber security community is the fact that Quick PC Booster sounds similar to CCleaner. CCleaner is a reputable and safe Optimization program that offers many features that do not arrive standard on a Windows Operating System. CCleaner also has two editions, one free, the other is a premium version. Quick PC Booster may attempt to gather traffic from CCleaner users or those who seek the real item.
Xportsoft Quick PC Booster also bundles with other unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files. Xportsoft Quick PC Booster usually never downloads and installs by itself. Users may notice pop-up advertisements, browser redirects, decreased computer performance, and other symptoms if Xportsoft Quick PC Booster is installed. In order to stop all these activities it will be necessary to remove third-party programs, browser attachments, and files that cause these issues.
This program and programs that it bundles with make changes to Windows Registry and schedule new tasks to ensure the programs run every time Windows is started.
How to remove Xportsoft Quick PC Booster
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Xportsoft Quick PC Booster
- Step 3: Scan your computer for Xportsoft Quick PC Booster malware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove Xportsoft Quick PC Booster add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for suspicious add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
Step 2: Uninstall Xportsoft Quick PC Booster
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for Quick PC Booster by Xportsoft (or other publisher) and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for Xportsoft Quick PC Booster malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.