How to remove XP Protection 2014 (Virus Removal Guide)
XP Protection 2014 virus
XP Protection 2014 is a rogue Windows program in the scareware category of computer threats and braviax family of rogue software that causes serious complications for computer users. The XP Protection 2014 virus is known to infect a computer system without user authorization, restrict internet access, and perform fraudulent system scans and display misleading system notifications in order to scare victims to purchase the fake software or provide personal information.
According to security analysts, XP Protection 2014 is primarily contracted by trojan horses and may bundle with additional malware and unwanted programs. If this fake Windows Antivirus program is installed, a user’s operating system may also be infected with several parasites that need to be removed.
The main symptoms of the XP Protection 2014 virus is that the program is designed to infect a computer undetected in order to siphon user information and perform fake system scans structured to persuade computer users to spend money on the program. Once installed, the program may run a scan and show results that falsely indicate that the infected computer has additional programs that may be removed by purchasing the fraudulent product; However, although the computer is infected with this rogue security program, this program will not assist in the removal of malicious parasites and may further block efforts to eradicate associated parasites by disconnecting to the internet and corrupting legitimate, safe, and reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs.
How to remove XP Protection 2014
This XP Protection 2014 removal guide contains instructions to remove XP Protection 2014 virus and other malware from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of fake XP Protection 2014 scareware with the steps provided on this webpage.
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove XP Protection and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue XP Protection scareware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall XP Protection 2014
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for XP Protection and other potentially unwanted software. Once the rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.