How to remove www-mysearch.com (Virus Removal Guide)
If www-mysearch.com has hijacked your browser’s homepage and your internet searches redirect to www-mysearch.com then you have contracted a potentially unwanted program such as TheBrowser and/or a potentially malicious browser attachment such as Movie Search. Www-mysearch.com is a webpage that will hijack your homepage, new tab settings, and default search engine on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. If you open a new tab, open a new browser window, or search the web using the address bar you will be redirected to the www-mysearch.com website. In order to remove www-mysearch.com it might be necessary to uninstall multiple programs, remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions, manually change your browser settings, and scan your computer for existing threats with a reputable scan and removal tool like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Programs and browser attachments that change your browser settings to redirect to www-mysearch.com frequently bundle with or are promoted alongside third-party malware and potentially unwanted programs. This is why it is very important to scan your computer for malicious files. If your browser redirects to www-mysearch.com your personal information may not be secure.
How to remove Www-mysearch.com
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove www-mysearch.com search engine
- Step 4: Remove www-mysearch.com homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
3. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the add-on, select it, and remove it.
Step 3: Remove www-mysearch.com search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove www-mysearch.com search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove www-mysearch.com search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to www-mysearch.com search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove www-mysearch.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove www-mysearch.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove www-mysearch.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove www-mysearch.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, open the Anti-Malware program and click the Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
3. When the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer to completely remove detected files.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Open CCleaner after it is installed and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, etc., all the way to Context Menu and click Disable and Delete once anything you do not recognize is found. This will help you locate and remove unwanted browser attachments and repair other settings.