What is WordProser?
WordProser is adware that causes many issues for computer users. WordProser adware is promoted as a free item and utility (freeware) for Microsoft Windows operating systems and multiple internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Once potential WordProser malware is installed the adware will use various methods to infiltrate and gather user browsing data, such as all activities, bookmarks, and history. It will then use the browsing data to generate targeted advertisements that zoom in on a user’s browsing habits and information they manually input across multiple websites and for other marketing purposes, which may include email spam and various promotions through several different communication platforms.
There are many things users must look out for if potential WordProser malware is installed. First the program may be intrusive and violate a user’s privacy. Next the adware can be used to generate continuous advertisements and even browser-redirects. And third the program often bundles with other unwanted programs, additional adware, and potential malware. What makes matters worse is that many online blogs and questionable internet security vendors may call this adware the “WordProser virus” although this program is not at all defined as a computer virus. Many websites make false accusations about this advertisement-supported program and similar potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in order to scare internet users into purchasing theirs or their affiliates non-beneficial software and services. In many causes, third-party websites may suggest that user’s install a “free scanner” to check for the WordProser virus; However, users must actually purchase the product in order to remove any scanned results. Such programs may also be advertisement-supported and have been known to display pop-up advertisements on Windows Desktop.
How to remove WordProser (Removal Guide)
This WordProser removal guide provides steps to remove the WordProser virus in order to get rid of ads by WordProser on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, as well as to remove associated malware and adware.
Step 1: Scan your computer for malware
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the Anti-Malware program. Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once Malwarebytes has been opened, if a scan or update has not automatically initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to isolate and remove the detected files. You may be asked to reboot your computer after removal to completely remove detected files.
6. You can chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer provide a threat.
Step 2: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall WordProser using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Step 3: Manually uninstall WordProser
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to gain access to the Windows 8 Start Menu. Windows 8 may also select Programs and Features).
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section (If you are using Windows 8 you will bypass the Control Panel).
3. In the list of installed programs, search for software titled WordProser. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. *Follow any on-screen instructions that may prompt to remove this program. It may be necessary to uninstall additional programs.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 4: Manually remove browser attachments
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WordProser extension and other suspicious extensions and remove them individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the WordProser add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the WordProser add-on, click it, and click the Remove button. Remove other suspicious add-ons if found. If the Remove button does not appear you must first uninstall associated software through the Control Panel.