Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator claims to be a free utility tool compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems; However, the publisher’s website and main distribution point (bestprosoft.com) is listed as malicious and the Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator program itself is categorized as malware. In most cases, Google Chrome and other internet browsers with automatic security features will block this program and associated programs from being downloaded manually by the user. Google Chrome and other popular web browsers will also block access to the distributors website by displaying a red page that says “The site ahead contains harmful programs.”
A major concern with Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator malware is that it bundles with other potentially unwanted programs, malware, and malicious trace files that can remain hidden on your computer system and cause additional issues. If you did not install Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator but find it installed on your computer it is likely that the threat was part of a package alongside other malicious objects that should be removed as soon as possible.
The malware itself is usually initially contracted via free downloadable content such as freeware and torrent files. It may also be advertised as something it is not in order to trick victims into installing it and other potentially unwanted programs and malware. Downloading the program from the distributor’s and publisher’s website is a task since most security features will disallow it. Furthermore, the bestprosoft.com website associated with this program has the capabilities to hijack your existing internet browser settings and cause your affected browser to start-up on it and redirect to it at certain times.
Removing this threat immediately is strongly advised. The program has a bad online reputation and may be the sign of a more serious computer infection. To completely remove Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator and other threats from your computer use the removal guide below.
How to remove Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator virus
- How to automatically remove Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator virus
- How to manually repair your browser settings
- How to manually uninstall programs
- How to stay protected against future infections
How to automatically remove Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Permanent Activator virus
1. Download and Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to run a scan and remove malicious files from your computer.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
5. Download and Install HitmanPro by Surfright to perform a second-opinion scan and remove any remaining traces.
6. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
7. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
8. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
9. Click the Reboot button.
How to manually repair your browser settings
- How to change your Google Chrome homepage
- How to change your Google Chrome search engine
- How to remove extensions from Chrome
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox homepage
- How to change your Mozilla Firefox search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Firefox
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer homepage
- How to change your Microsoft Internet Explorer search engine
- How to remove add-ons from Internet Explorer
How to manually uninstall programs
How to stay protected against future infections
The key to staying protected against future infections is to follow common online guidelines and take advantage of reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware security software with real-time protection.
Real-time security software
Security software like Malwarebytes and Norton Security have real-time features that can block malicious files before they spread across your computer. These programs bundled together can establish a wall between your computer and cyber criminals.
- Backup your computer and personal files to an external drive or online backup service
- Create a restore point on your computer in case you need to restore your computer to a date before infection
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs you are not familiar with
- Avoid downloading and installing apps, browser extensions, and programs from websites you are not familiar with – some websites use their own download manager to bundle additional programs with the initial download
- Avoid visiting fake “spyware removal” blogs and websites that promote “spyware removal software.” These are usually malicious websites designed to phish your personal information, infect your computer with a rogue program and trick you into paying for rogue “spyware removal software.”
- If you plan to download and install freeware, open source software, or shareware make sure to be alert when you install the object and read all the instructions presented by the download manager
- Avoid torrents and P2P clients
- Do not open email messages from senders you do not know