How to remove Win 7 Protection 2014 (Virus Removal Guide)
What is Win 7 Protection 2014?
Win 7 Protection 2014 is a rogue Windows Security software, also categorized as scareware, that causes many complications for computer users. The Win 7 Protection 2014 virus is known to infect a computer alongside third-party malware without user consent and perform fraudulent system scans in order to scare victims into purchasing the non-beneficial Antivirus software.
According to security analysts, Win 7 Protection 2014 is frequently contracted by trojan horses and may bundle with additional malware and unwanted programs. If this fake Windows Antivirus program is installed, a user’s operating system may also be infected with several parasites that should immediately be removed.
The main symptoms of the Win 7 Protection 2014 virus is that the program is designed to infect a computer without direct user knowledge in order to perform fake system scans structured to persuade computer users to spend money on the program or provide personal information. Once installed, the program may run a scan and show results that falsely indicate that the infected computer has additional programs that may be removed by purchasing the fraudulent product; However, although the computer is infected with this program, this program will not assist in the removal of malicious parasites and may further block efforts to eradicate associated parasites.
Here are some examples of fake messages displayed by this program that are engineered to scare victims into performing unnecessary tasks.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Win 7 Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
This Win 7 Protection 2014 removal guide contains instructions to remove Win 7 Protection 2014 virus and other malware from Microsoft Windows. Get rid of fake Win 7 Protection 2014 scareware with the steps provided on this webpage.
How to remove Win 7 Protection 2014
- Automatic Removal Guide
- Manual Removal Guide
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and we will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Automatic Removal Guide
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Win 7 Protection and third-party malware.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
If permitted, use the instructions below to manually uninstall rogue Win 7 Protection scareware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 Operating Systems.
How to uninstall Win 7 Protection 2014
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Win 7 Protection and other potentially unwanted software. Once the rogue Windows program is located, double click the unwanted program or highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.