WhiteCoupon (Virus Removal Guide)
WhiteCoupon (also searched for as WhiteCoupon virus, White Coupon) is detected as adware by most Antivirus and Anti-Malware products. This adware is primarily used to serve you deceptive advertisements while you browse the web. Ads displayed by this adware will often say Ads by WhiteCoupon, WhiteCoupon Ads, or brought by WhiteCoupon on them. WhiteCoupon is typically offered as a custom or sponsored program by third-party download managers and software bundlers.
What is WhiteCoupon?
WhiteCoupon, like most adware, is promoted as a free web utility and shopping companion that can help you find coupons, comparisons, and deals for products you view online and search for on the web.
Potential WhiteCoupon malware generates pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by WhiteCoupon are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
WhiteCoupon adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove WhiteCoupon if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
WhiteCoupon and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. WhiteCoupon is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that WhiteCoupon adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”WhiteCoupon overview”]
- WhiteCoupon bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- WhiteCoupon is usually bundled inside third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- WhiteCoupon injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- WhiteCoupon makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove WhiteCoupon
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Automatically remove WhiteCoupon virus with Malwarebytes
- Step 2: Manually remove WhiteCoupon
- For Tech Support: Call Support 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Automatically remove WhiteCoupon virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “WhiteCoupon” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing WhiteCoupon we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove WhiteCoupon.[/note]
Step 2: Manually remove WhiteCoupon
How to uninstall WhiteCoupon
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for WhiteCoupon in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click WhiteCoupon to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find WhiteCoupon in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove WhiteCoupon below.[/note]
How to remove WhiteCoupon add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the WhiteCoupon extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the WhiteCoupon add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the WhiteCoupon extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find WhiteCoupon in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove WhiteCoupon below.[/note]
WhiteCoupon virus removal tips
- If you do not find WhiteCoupon in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing WhiteCoupon you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411