Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net is a deceptive referrer spam URL associated with the hdmoviecamera.net website that targets your Google Analytics data with phantom referral traffic. The URL utilizes the same methods as website-stealer.nufaq.com referrer spam. Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic never actually lands on your website. It is a type of referral traffic known as ghost traffic that points to your Google Analytics ID and tracking number. Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic is designed to spam your Google Analytics account with deceptive data that might catch your eye and provoke you to visit the questionable website.
Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referrer spam and referrer spam in general from other URLs such as googlemare.com is a problem for many webmasters and website owners. Unwanted website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic can ruin your website’s analytical data. For example, the spam URL usually appears to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage which interfere with your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam can ruin. It can essentially mix useless data into everything provided in Audience, Acquisition, and Behavior reports.
Fortunately, we have created a guide to block website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter that targets the Campaign Source. This will stop website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam from interfering with your data measured by Google Analytics.
- What is Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net?
- How to block Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics
What is Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net?
Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net is an untrustworthy referrer spam URL that targets your Google Analytics data with deceptive and eye-catching referral traffic. The URL may make it seem like you may have stolen content from another website or that another website is warning you that your website may be stolen with the website-stealer-warning string attached to the domain name. However, do not be alarmed because the URL string is simply designed to cause FUD, or anxiety, shock, and fear which will provoke you to visit the website and search for it online. You did not steal anything and you are not in trouble with online theft if you receive referral traffic from this URL. No one is trying to “steal” your website either. This webpage is not linked to website stealing software.
The website is used as a camera and video blog that contains multiple generic posts such as “How to shoot movies with a camcorder” and “How to shoot good movies at a child’s event.” The website contains HD video camera tricks and resources for cameras and editing video.
The downside to unwanted website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral traffic for website owners is that it can mess up the appropriate Google Analytics data.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to stop website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net referrers.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add Website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net or the URL or something you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: example.com | example.com | website-stealer-warning.hdmoviecamera.net | hdmoviecamera.net