How to block website-analyzer.info referral spam in Google Analytics
Website-analyzer.info is a referrer spam URL that forwards to ranksonic.com. The website-analyzer.info referrer spam URL targets your Google Analytics data with synthetic web traffic known as ghost traffic. Referral traffic from this website doesn’t actually land on your website. The referral traffic basically targets your Google Analytics ID at random and appears in your Google Analytics data. This can cause a lot of problems with your website’s appropriate analytical data.
Website-analyzer.info referrer spam and referrer spam from other well known spam URLs such as googlemare.com is becoming a big issue and very hot topic of discussion for many bloggers, webmasters, website owners, and anyone who values their website’s appropriate data. One main factor is that deceptive website-analyzer.info referrals can ruin your website’s appropriate analytical data. For example, the spam URL typically only ‘appears’ to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage, which can interfere with the results of your appropriate bounce rate. This is not the only Google Analytics data that website-analyzer.info referral spam can ruin. It can mix useless data into everything measured in Audience, Acquisition, Conversions, and Behavior reports.
If you value your website’s appropriate analytical data you will want to block website-analyzer.info referral spam from gaining access to your data by creating an exclude filter that stops the spam URL at the campaign source.
What is website-analyzer.info?
Website-analyzer.info is a referrer spam URL that forwards to ranksonic.com website. Ranksonic is a notorious referrer spammer whom utilizes blackhat SEO tactics in order to promote their SEO and analytical services. The landing page this URL forwards to claims to allow you to track daily changes in your rankings, get advanced site analytics, spy on your competitors and improve your search rankings. However, we recommend to avoid these services as this businesses is likely untrustworthy.
Spammers target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
website-analyzer.info referrer spam is not entirely dangerous to your website. It will most likely not cause any trouble with how your website is accessed by your visitors or ranked by Google. However, in some cases referrer spam may use up your website’s bandwidth and CPU by creating multiple site requests to your website. In other cases, the spam URL is served to your analytical data by traffic bots which create ghost hits and never actually land on your website, which happens to be the case with this URL. They often target your GA ID number.
How to block website-analyzer.info
This guide shows you how to block website-analyzer.info referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to stop website-analyzer.info referrers at the source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add website-analyzer.info or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add website-analyzer.info and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple address you can make a Filter Pattern like this: website-analyzer.info | ranksonic.com | ranksonic.net |ranksonic.org |ranksonic.info