How to remove websearch.search-plaza.info (Virus Removal)
websearch.search-plaza.info (websearch.eazytosearch virus) is a problematic search engine associated with potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and browser hijackers. Programs used to promote the search engine usually access a computer system without user knowledge and take control of affected internet browsers. The programs will corrupt internet browser settings including the homepage, new tab, and default search engine. In turn, this will cause affected internet browsers to start-up on and ultimately redirect to websearch.search-plaza.info and other sponsored landing pages.
What is websearch.search-plaza.info?
websearch.search-plaza.info is a questionable and possibly harmful website and search engine that hijackers the homepage and internal search feature of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari. Advertisements generated on this website may be deceptive, promote unwanted programs, and be used to phish personal details.
Programs and browser add-ons and extensions used to promote the websearch.search-plaza.info website are detected as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and found in the browser hijacker category of computer threats by reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs.
There are multiple programs used to promote this sponsored search engine, and that means it may be necessary to uninstall multiple programs and remove multiple browser add-ons and extensions from each affected internet browser in order to completely stop browser redirects to the website and all other unwanted activities from occurring.
Programs used to promote this search engine are known to bundle with additional unwanted programs, malware, and malicious files. Programs used to promote this search engine many not be found on your computer to manually remove. This is why it is recommended to use a malware scanner to detet potential threats associated with this website.
How to remove websearch.search-plaza.info
- Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
- Step 2: Remove browser add-on and extensions
- Step 3: Remove websearch.search-plaza.info search engine
- Step 4: Remove websearch.search-plaza.info homepage
- Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 6: Clean up
Step 1: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2.Navigate to the Control Panel on Windows Start Menu.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove a program).
4. A list of programs installed on your computer will appear. Search for suspicious and unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once a program you want to remove is located, double click to begin the uninstall process (or select the program and click Uninstall).
Step 2: Remove browser add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Find the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 3: Remove websearch.search-plaza.info search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove websearch.search-plaza.info search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove websearch.search-plaza.info search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to websearch.search-plaza.info search engine to remove it.
Step 4: Remove websearch.search-plaza.info homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove websearch.search-plaza.info from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove websearch.search-plaza.info from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove websearch.search-plaza.info and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.
Step 5: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete, click the Remove Selected button and reboot your computer.
Step 6: Clean up and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.